This 6 CD Question is bugging me

CPNHOOK15

If my memory serves me... on the Haunted Mansion Cd, didnt they wind up using a fans version of the ridethrough as opposed to the actual mix?

My question is this: Are any tracks on the upcoming 6 Cd's fan created as well? Or are we getting the actual stuff this time?

Wouldnt it be a bummer to find out that some/all of the tracks have been floating around for awhile now and were non-disney created?

Just wondering.

Tim C

X-S Tech

Just about everything imaginable in the new set has been totally rebuilt for this set. But nothing is fan made.

s8ntmark

A FAN built HM ride through? Thats insane!

Actually I thought I read somewhere that Randy built that ride thru...(and he said he built it in 3 days)....dunno

atomobile

I just wanted to clarify something about the "fan-made" ride-thru's. Disney would NEVER use a fan-made ride-thru. What were you thinking? Yes, maybe the Imagineer that put together the Haunted Mansion ride-thru back in the 80's could have also been a fan, but the Imagineer was a Disney employee. At around the same time, they also did the now famous Inner Space ride-thru that we have always heard (sometimes with fan-made alterations), and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride-thru that was once available on the old Disneyland Forever system (though in slightly edited form).
Maybe you are confused with the Phantom Manor ride-thru. The Phantom Manor ride-thru was created by an Imagineer working on the project. It was put together just for reference and not for public consumption (same as the HM, Pirates, and ATIS ride-thrus). They took this ride-thru and edited it down some, then released it on the CD. I once hear the Imagineer who edited this together say that he was surprised they used this mix as it wasn't prepared for this purpose. Maybe you read this story and over time, you forgot some details. It happens. But there.... here is the real story.
Your friend,
Louis

PS: It's interesting...this thing about ride-thru's and Imagineering. Seems like in the 80's some Imagineers put together some Ride-thru for reference or something. Of course, most show didn't need this editing process as they were already in sequence (i.e. Tiki Room, America Sings). So the only ones that made more sense where ride-thru's of HM, Pirates, ATIS and Ford Pavillion. Also, the Imagineer that worked on the audio to the Fantasyland of 82, did ride-thru's of all the new dark-ride's. Funny thing, nobody ever did ride-thru's of Nature's Wonderland, Jungle Cruise, or any of the 50's Fantasyland ride-thru's.

X-S Tech

Why wouldn't Disney use a fan made ride thru? I mean, the audio is all Disney's property. Granted teh quality might not be the greatest, but would the fan have any right to complain?

"Fan" made audio -missunderstood

Many of the very firts CD on demand track were indeed made by fan.........however that fan WORKED for Disney and she still does. If she and some of the Disneyland sound department guys hadn't made those "flow" thrus.many of the attractions would have never been on CD on demand.........MISSION TO MARS, ADVENTURE THRU INNER SPACE, PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN, HAUNTED MANSION, STAR TOURS as well as a few others. They were "arranged" right in the old Disneyland sound deptment when it was located above the Circle-Vision building in Tomorrowland. So what everyone has missunderstood, is that it was done on these Disney employees own time out of love......not an outside "civilian"

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

CPNHOOK15

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I was beginning to think I was crazy for thinking I read it was made by "fans".

So my question now is: Are the tracks we are getting brand new ones, or the tracks made earlier by employee/fans?

Tim C

X-S Tech

Another thing to keep in mind- even the fan mixes are made with the actual audio from the attractions. A few of the mixes, especially those at visionsfantastic take some liberties with the mixes, mixing in stuff that's not accurate, but it's deliberate and meant to add to the experience. But it's not like the fan stuff is necessarily poor quality or imitation audio. If anything the fan stuff is sometimes a bit poorer in quality only because the fans have the editing skills but not necessarily the restoration skills that WDRecords has. But for most of it, it's simply a matter of official versus non official.

CPNHOOK15

I guess I need to rephrase my question.

Since these employee/fan/unofficial tracks have been floating around for awhile already ( I have heard almost everything on that teaser cd before)...

are we getting imagineer/official tracks on this 6 cd collection?

or are we getting a mix of old and new?

or are we getting all old (unofficial stuff like from the visions fantastic site

CPNHOOK15

;D

Having just read Randy's post, his statement, "Nearly every track was built and restored expressly for this set."

I can only assume that means we will finally have 'official' audio.

Phew!

Tim C