1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist The Star Trader [2003]

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Club 33, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Fancied up and added to the Playlists section. :)

2. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

Jay, what is your evidence to support the idea that WDI used the original Perry Kingsley albums instead of the compilation? The fact that the loop uses only songs from the compilation, in the order of the compilation, would lead me to believe it was the compilation that was used (although I will admit that the compilation merely reproduces the original discs in order of release so that could go either way). The box set was released in 2001 which fits the timetable of when we believe the loop was installed.

Now there has been some discussion of the possibility that the loop used in the Star Trader might have been originally compiled for WDW's Tomorrowland in the 70s, which would certainly support the idea that the loop was originally compiled using the original albums and probably by Jack Wagner. But I have yet to see any solid evidence is the case.

Are you a party to some information regarding this loop that I am not? Otherwise I don't see why one wouldn't simply buy the compilation- it's more expensive to buy the individual discs and it offers the listener no other benefit. Seeing as the loop has been published under my name I have to say I don't support the idea of telling people they need to buy three CDs when one two-disc set will do.

3. Magic Music

One word: omission. It makes sense to you that someone used the 3-disc Complete Vanguard Recordings as their source, but failed to include any tracks from Kaleidoscopic Vibrations in the loop? He/she decided to use nearly every track from The In Sound from Way Out!, tracks 1-12 on Disc 1, but then decided to skip tracks 13-26, Kaleidoscopic Vibrations, in favor of moving on to Disc 2? And why did he/she also skip all of Disc 3?
    Precisely. Forget about the compilation for a moment. You can't see that someone used nearly every track (9/12) from The In Sound from Way Out!, followed by nearly every track (12/13) from The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound of Jean-Jacques Perrey, and then filled the rest of their allotted time with a selection of tracks, grabbed in order, from Moog Indigo? Now, bringing the compilation back into the picture, you don't find it at all odd that this lazy person, who was merely grabbing tracks in sequential order, managed to skip every single track that comprises Kaleidoscopic Vibrations? Ironic, too, since Kaleidoscopic Vibrations is where Baroque Hoedown (Electrical Water Pageant, Main Street Electrical Parade) made its debut.

It's obvious to me that Disney had the original albums in their collection. Being a Moog/electronic music buff dating back to the early 1970s, I can tell you that these albums were already a part of my own collection.
    If I had access to a copy of the loop, I'd listen carefully for pops or scratches, which would be a telltale sign that not only were they using the original albums, they were using LPs. Like I said, I've had these and other electronic music albums (e.g., Switched-On Bach, Snowflakes Are Dancing) in my own collection for eons.
    I already pointed out that the compilation has the benefit of including the Kaleidoscopic Vibrations tracks. As for cost, that would depend on whether you're going new, used, iTunes/MP3, or the pirate route. ;) Myself, I'd pick up the three original albums on used CDs for about $18 total. :)

4. The Trout

The Trout Member

I got the Complete Recordings 3-Disc for $13.99 after shipping, so that strikes me as the most cost-effective way!

5. Magic Music

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    The playlist will be back soon!