The Spirit of a Venture: Walt Disney Records and Intrada

I realize the last time I posted was shortly after the Bronze Age, but I've been extraordinarily busy these last several months. One of the things I've been working on is a new venture between Walt Disney Records and the Independent record label – Intrada.

We have partnered with our friends at Intrada to provide the soundtrack aficionado with a limited CD release of Walt Disney Records soundtracks only available digitally. It gets better! This also gives us the opportunity to produce new soundtracks! Maybe even some of the titles we've only been able to dream about. In this partnership, Walt Disney Records will be producing and manufacturing this new line exclusively for Intrada – hence the dual logos.

I've always been a fan of Intrada's, and now with us working together... well, I can't even begin to tell you how exciting this is!

Intrada will continue on as they have with their previous efforts – licensing and producing their own releases like "Something Wicked This Way Comes," and their recent "Shoot to Kill." But now, with the WDR / Intrada line, we get to work together in an effort to get even more titles like these onto your CD shelves. CDs!

Today's Walt Disney Records / Intrada debut release is:

gallery_321_1_9973.jpg

UP
Produced by Michael Giacchino.

When we told the folks at Pixar we were releasing UP on CD, they got truly excited and asked if they could create the album art. What they came back with was a wonderful tribute to a Disneyland Records Storyteller Album (even on the insides). Another plus for this release are liner notes by Mr. Giacchino himself!

So, check out our friends at Intrada every once in a while. We have a few surprises in store this summer.

http://store.intrada.com/

I'll try to keep you posted on new titles, but I’m going to wait until Intrada officially announces the releases on their site. They've established kind of a pre-release guessing game over the years, and I don't want to spoil their fun.

Randy Thornton

P.S.

I know you probably have tons of questions about other projects like Official Albums, Digital Vintage Albums, and the like, but unfortunately I have no updates to offer at the moment. My suggestion is to look at this new WDR / Intrada venture as a promising sign of great things to come.

Thanks!

The Trout

As a film score fan, I'm REALLY excited about this, Randy. Intrada does stellar work and I'm glad Disney has finally partnered with someone to get this material out on CD.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Fantastic news, Randy!! Best wishes to you, Douglass Fake, Roger Feigelson, and everyone else at WDR and Intrada!

Dr. Know

This is a truly momentous development, and I can't think of a better label to partner with to produce this new line of cds. And here's hoping that the success of this venture will open the vault to some of the more offbeat titles that will appeal to fanatics like those of us who frequent these boards. Bravo, Randy!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Excellent news is that they also ship outside the US. So often stuff is restricted to the US (certainly we can't use iTunes from the US where most of the Disney stuff is - very little in the UK store). Intrada also take Paypal which is good news and the shipping is only $5 extra and by air mail.
Looking forward to more releases.

DavidG

I love that cover art! The fact alone that it was approved that way really makes me look forward to this series...

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
I recently purchased 'The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm' and 'Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines' both from Intrada and based on the quality of these two soundtracks, can't wait to see what transpires - great news!

FrankV

Intrada released Squanto: A Warrior's Tale by Joel McNeely last week. This was a release Disney licensed to Intrada. The second co-branded title will be released on August 23 and it looks like it will be The Black Hole by John Barry (complete and remastered). And on September 6 another Disney title will be released.