The Sherman Brothers Songbook

Cnjp

We were able to purchase this set at 20th Century Music on Main Street in Disneyland on Friday and ended up slightly disappointed. One of our main reasons for buying it was for all of the Winnie-The-Pooh songs. It has been very difficult for us to find a great collection of the original recordings. Unfortunately, they are all performed by Jim Cummings rather than Sterling Holloway and Paul Winchell. Of course, it is understandable that he would perform the songs from "The Tigger Movie". ;)

A few quick notes:
* "That Darn Cat" is the Buena Vista Soundtrack version by Bobby Troop
* "Ten Feet Off The Ground" is the Louis Armstrong version from "Disney Songs The Satchmo Way"

-Cnjp

You may have noticed that The Sherman Brothers Songbook’s General Release Date has been delayed to October 15th – though the product is finished and was readily available at D23 (and I believe is available at the Parks).

The reason for the delay is, it was decided late in the game that the album should also be released on iTunes (and other digital outlets). I felt that if that was the case, it should also include a Digital Booklet of the Liner Notes. Not because I wrote them, but that Richard Sherman and I feel that it is an important part of this presentation. So, in order to make that happen we’ve delayed the General Release Date so that we can have the booklet modified for the Digital Booklet format. So that both will be available on the same day and date.

So, The Sherman Brothers Songbook will be available world wide as a physical release and as a digital download on October 15th.

Be aware though, that not all digital distribution centers offer the Digital Booklet option. I do suggest that if you wish to download the album, you either do so from iTunes or another distributor that offers the Digital Booklet.

Many thanks,
Randy

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Randy, is this Digital Booklet in the new iTunes LP format? Has Apple released an update to iTunes Producer? I'm curious as to how the LP Booklets are authored.

BJWanlund

I also am curious about this "Digital Booklet" format. Is it iTunes LP?

BJ

Gurgitoy2

We were able to purchase this set at 20th Century Music on Main Street in Disneyland on Friday and ended up slightly disappointed. One of our main reasons for buying it was for all of the Winnie-The-Pooh songs. It has been very difficult for us to find a great collection of the original recordings. Unfortunately, they are all performed by Jim Cummings rather than Sterling Holloway and Paul Winchell. Of course, it is understandable that he would perform the songs from "The Tigger Movie". :p

A few quick notes:
* "That Darn Cat" is the Buena Vista Soundtrack version by Bobby Troop
* "Ten Feet Off The Ground" is the Louis Armstrong version from "Disney Songs The Satchmo Way"

-Cnjp

How is "Meet the World"? Is it the same version as the TDL Music Albums, or a new one?

DisneyChris

Meet the World is the same version. I suggest buying the few songs that you do not already have on ITunes, unless the amount you don't have exceeds the cost of the entire album, or unless you MUST have the booklet, which can only be purchased if you buy the whole album. I must say I was disapointed in this release. Almost everything on it I already had. I only chose six songs. I already had the rest. The best gets, in my opinion, are "Castaway" with Haley Mills from "In Search of the Castaways", and "Bout Time" and "The Happiest Girl Alive" with John Davidson and Lesley Anne Warren from "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band". First time the original soundtrack album version of the songs from "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band" have been released on CD. I would love to see the entire album on ITunes.

First, I have to say I've been loving this collection ever since my copy came. It's addictive. I'm working right now on a review for Progress City, which is forthcoming.

I do have a question about That Darn Cat; it appears that even the original OST had this cover version, and I was just wondering why. I assume something contractual.

Anyway, lots more to say but I'll save it for the review. Basically, good job to all involved.

BJWanlund

Gotta say, what an amazing CD. All of my favorites (and some that soon will be) all in one place!

BJ

FRAN?OIS

Gotta say, what an amazing CD. All of my favorites (and some that soon will be) all in one place!

BJ

"Amazing cd"?

Well, my set has 2 cds!

I guess we're all rather "blasé" since there are so few comments about this release... but then I might be the one who do not "get it!"

To me, it seems that, even though most of the titles have been released in the past, they have been completely "reworked" ... I can hear instruments, sound effects, musical phrases, arrangements that I have never heard before. The sound is out of this world. The "One & Only .... Band" and "Happiest Millionaire" songs sound so different from the previous appearances on cds that getting that set is far from "redundant" for the collectors who think they have it all already!

Many thanks to Randy and his collaborators for such a fine work!

There's only one slight detail that puzzles me; why such a gloomy art design for the booklet?
Ok, the ties are RED but the dark feeling is dreadful when one knows that the Sherman music and songs are all about postive thoughts and happiness. We need some royal blue in there, at least.

Those Sherman songs have NEVER sounded so good! Get that set and you'll be happy you did!

An advice from your Old Europe friend! ;-)

Joseph

First, I have to say I've been loving this collection ever since my copy came. It's addictive. I'm working right now on a review for Progress City, which is forthcoming.

I do have a question about That Darn Cat; it appears that even the original OST had this cover version, and I was just wondering why. I assume something contractual.

Anyway, lots more to say but I'll save it for the review. Basically, good job to all involved.

Yes, it was a contractual issue. Bobby Darin, who sang the title song for the film, was contracted to another record label at the time, I believe it was Reprise, and so his version could not be issued as a recording, which is why they had to have another singer do the recordings.