The Land - Exterior/Interior BGM loops

dtats

Does anyone have the playlists for the background music played in and around the Land at Epcot?

I've seen the playlist that includes the "Sun/Moon" tracks for the Farmer's Market area, but on past visits (most recently, August 2001), I've heard different tracks besides the ones posted at http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/theland.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

Jessica L

I swear I've heard an instrumental version of "Listen to the Land" played outside the entrance. We were stuck there during a heavy rainstorm last June and I kept hearing something that sounded just like it, though it could have just been my ears reminiscing...

On a semi-related note - does anyone have the Moon River track that plays in the Farmer's Market? I love that song.

Jessica

Dr. Know

Jessica

I just sent you a private message -- You should be able to find these loops through the irc channel #disney-central. If you need help, AIM me.

:)

xfkirsten

Hey, I'm glad you brought this up - I just worked at the Garden Grill today and I was thinking about that!!

-Kirsten

dtats

I'm not sure who performed the selections, but I'm pretty sure at least some of the selections are variations on traditional songs (Turkey in the Straw, etc.). And, of course, there are several versions of "Listen to the Land."

Zarpman

The instrumental version of "Listen to the Land" which plays just outside the main entrance to the Land was available on Walt Disney World Forever.

dtats

That's right. I was fortunate enough to obtain a few of the various versions of "LTTL," along with the great Kitchen Kaberet, before the WDW Forever went dead. :'(

X-S Tech

I was under the impression that the various country songs (red river valley, turkey in the straw, etc..) and the versions of Listen to the land played inside the Listen to the land attraction. But I've posted requests for detailed info on a playing order and detailed information on what played where many times and never received any information. It seems that this is one pavillion that we know very little about.

dtats

Regarding tracks like "Turkey in the Straw", "Clementine," "Jimmy Crack-Corn-Bluetail Fly", and even "Thank God I'm a Country Boy," this is the same impression I'm left with; that these were, at least at one time, played in the Farmer's Market area of the Land. The musical style had a "country" sound to it.

As for the exterior BGM, I think I recall hearing instrumental versions of songs like "Home on the Range" and Oh Susannah" being played in various styles (none of which sounded "country"; maybe classical or new-age; not sure how you're classify the genre). Since I'm relying on memory, I can't say for sure of the exact titles I heard (why I wasn't recording it while hearing it is also beyond me at the moment!).

You're right about the scarcity of information on this issue, though... It's a tough one to nail down. :-

If anyone can shed light on this, please chime in.

We're listening! :)