"The Greatest Hits of Walt Disney" Ronco LP

For those of you had listened to Disney music over the years since "The Music Behind the Magic" 2-CD set came out, has anybody remembered the LP called "The Greatest Hits of Walt Disney"? I hope Randy Thornton is listening.

"The Greatest Hits of Walt Disney" was released on Ronco back in 1976. It has 24 original songs put together on 1 LP. Ronco as you may know was a company that made crappy household products including the Veg-O-Matic, the rotisserie grill, coffee makers and all sorts of stuff that you can find in every household. In the 70's, Ronco was putting out compilation LP's competing with its rival K-tel, a company that made a lot of compilation LP's throughout the 1970's. The LP "The Greatest Hits of Walt Disney" has 24 songs from the Disney films like "Snow White", "Pinocchio", "Dumbo", "Song of the South", "Lady and the Tramp" and others. This was the only Disney LP without a Disney label, but it says Ronco, that's it. It does not have an arrangement with Disneyland Records at all. But what is "As Seen on TV"? That was when Ronco was promoted the LP where it features a sample of these songs by original artists where the album was available for $2.95 LP and $4.95 for the 8-Track and cassette. And then the stores that tells you that the LP was available at Sears, Woolworth's, Korvettes, Mays and various stores. That was a long time ago when that LP was shown on TV commercials.

This LP is indeed rare, and it was not on the Disney label at all, but it says Ronco. I will give you this pic of the LP cover that I just bought. I got it at a flea market today, but the record is in fair condition, and it has a few scratches.

2ac0_1.JPG

Anybody remembered that LP?

I got mine at some library tag sale (or as many people call them "yard/garage sales") while visiting family in Santa Fe about 15 years ago.
It's in decent shape.

ronco.jpg

This is a nice album. There's also a British version with a gatefold cover and similar cover, but it has some diffferent songs and all the tracks are presented with no pauses, which is kind of neat.

FRAN?OIS

I got mine at some library tag sale (or as many people call them "yard/garage sales") while visiting family in Santa Fe about 15 years ago.
It's in decent shape.

ronco.jpg

I have this very edition I got in Montr?al when it was first released BUT it does not have the man holding it! ;D

However I do have the cut outs that are in their original condition... UNCUT! (Please.... behave! :eek:)