The Circle Sessions (Carthay Circle Restaurant)

monorail91

The Circle Sessions Vol. 2 is here! This is Piano Performances from Carthay Circle, which I believe is the music playing in the lobby/lounge areas of the Restaurant (ground floor). Vol. 1 is restaurant (second-floor) music.

Anybody else buy this yet? What are people's thoughts on it?

My Amazon review:

"This second incarnation of The Circle Sessions, with this release believed to be the music playing in the Carthay Circle Restaurant lobby and lounge (not the second floor main restaurant, where Vol. 1 plays), features jazzy piano interpretations of both classic and contemporary Disney songs. These recordings are all very well done, perfect for Disney fans as well as relaxing lounge music.

It's great to have this kind of music available for purchase, as it is all original recordings for music to play at the ground floor of one restaurant at Disney California Adventure. As a hardcore Disney fan, I consider myself very lucky to be able to have this music straight from the parks to be able to enjoy at home.

As a hardcore Disney fan though, I also wish there were more to this release; this album is just over 30 minutes of music, and does not include several songs played in the Restaurant, such as "I See the Light" and "It's a Small World."

Granted, this is only the second of what I hope will be a bigger series of albums from Carthay Circle. I am so happy to have this, though, and welcome it into my collection with open arms!"

[floatleft]
5119QgWDmpL._SL500_AA75_.jpg
[/floatleft] The Circle Sessions: Piano Performances from Carthay Circle
Bill Cantos
:cd-na: . [itunes='https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/circle-sessions-piano-performances/id656257753']:itunes:[/itunes] . :mp3:

The Trout

It's great, but, again, is a woefully short CD. I can't imagine why they'd only put thirty minutes of music on CD unless they just wanted to milk us for more cash later on.

Bought a physical copy by calling Disneyland. Of course, there is the shipping cost added, but I would rather have a physical CD.

monorail91 mentioned this was Volume 2. Was there another CD that preceded this one? I have never seen or heard of it.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Yes, there was a volume one, which is still available in digital form on Amazon:

[floatleft]
51dSlLkIR2L._SL500_AA75_.jpg
[/floatleft] The Circle Sessions: The Music of Carthay Circle
Bill Cantos
:cd: . [itunes='https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/circle-sessions-music-carthay/id584474602']:itunes:[/itunes] . :mp3:

Thanks, wedroy1923. I guess I would only find a physical copy through means such as ebay. etc., right?
Digital is better than nothing!

Just looked at my CD. Apparently, what I got was Volume 1. It has the same track list as the MP3 downloads that is in your link, wedroy1923. I guess the second one is only available in Digital Download as of now. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

monorail91

While we'd all prefer a physical CD release.. that would be really cool if this Vol. 2 started a bigger trend of digital-only Disney Parks albums. I'd rather have more music, that's digital-only, than just a few physical CDs.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
and if only they gave sleeve notes with the downloads :(

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I do have a partial playlist for the restaurant based on an April 2013 visit. It is really difficult to hear the music in the restaurant, but I was able to pick up this much. Any additional information, as always, is appreciated.

You Can Fly

[...]

Alice in Wonderland
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
Unknown
I Wanna Be Like You

[...]

You've Got a Friend in Me

[...]

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

[...]

Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat
Be Our Guest
If I Didn't Have You
Unknown
Let's Go Fly a Kite
You've Got a Friend in Me [?]

[...]

it's a small world
Unknown
Unknown
A Whole New World
Winnie the Pooh

[...]

stevek

Bought the first CD being the completist that I am but quite honestly, haven't listened to it more than once. Would prefer to get a physical release of disc 2 though will settle for digital if that's all we're getting.