TDL Tower of Terror music

ToTnut

Anyone know what the music is going to be like?? Same queue music? Since its not a twilight zone ride I'm guessing that theme has been totally taken out. I can't wait to ride it someday...or just see a video....whatever comes first.
*Tad
ps- Only 16 more days till the opening!

The queue music won't be anything similar. The time of the incident (in this case Hightower's disappearance) at their Hotel is 1899 - decades before any of the FL/CA Tower BGM was even composed.

If the rest of the music at Tokyo DisneySea is any good indication, it will have a fantastic score throughout. (Granted it may not seem like it based on the junk they put on the official album, but if you get to the park, the actual music played is great stuff all over.)

WishesFan

Hi all!

I can't wait to see the video of the attraction! I hadn't even thought about the japanese not using "The Twilight Zone" theme. I bet the score will be amazing!!! Can't wait to hear it!

Have a great day,
-Rick

JoeInJpn

On my ToT page, I have a video clip of the elevator doors opening and the drop testing. I also recorded the queue music and overlayed on the video clip. Click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" link on my page: http://jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html

To me, the music brought to mind old "Hitchcock" film and "Twilight Zone" program scores.

I'll feature another video with more queue music soon.

JoeInJpn
http://www.jtcent.com

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
To me, the music brought to mind old "Hitchcock" film and "Twilight Zone" program scores.

There is definitely music composed by Bernard Herrmann in there, possibly from the original TZ series and/or THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR (I could be wrong on that one, though).

BLM07

I agree with Bill, Jim Hill thinks that the money in the USA gets spent on politics within the company rather than in the theme parks themself, and that sounds like it makes sense. I see how much theming gets poured into Tokyo's parks while we get johnny depp removing classic dialog, very tight budget figment and cheapo character rehabs galore.

On the plus side, I do think Animal Kingdom is well themed, I've never had a chance to really relax in the park though, always seems like sweltering heat when I'm there. As for Tower of Terror, I love the Florida version, the music fits, the ride technology is great, I love it. I still love Walt Disney World, but it can't compare to the quality that is poured into the Tokyo Disneyland Resort.

They have a full blown parade and parkwide decorations for Stitch for crying out loud, and its only there for four months! (I saw the video and pictures from Joe's site, thanks!)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
There is definitely music composed by Bernard Herrmann in there, possibly from the original TZ series and/or THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR (I could be wrong on that one, though).
Not to respond to my own post, but I've identified the three musical selections featured in the first video featuring the test drops (I see that a different clip is now available at the link above).

They were all composed by Bernard Herrmann, but nothing from THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR as I stated above.

Here they are with approximate timings from the video:

1. North by Northwest - The House (beginning through 00:44)

2. Fahrenheit 451 - Prelude (00:44 through 02:13)

3. The Twilight Zone [TV] - Main Title (02:13 through end) [original theme pre-Marius Constant's well-known theme]

ToTnut

OMG! I've been watching the video from the jtcent site over and over. The attraction seems incredible. I'm hoping to get to go to TDL over Christmas but thats still way up in the air. Back to the topic - - the soundtrack seems awesome! Reminds me a lot of phantom manor. btw, does TDL (or TDS) ever release yearly official albums like WDW and DL do? I really hope the tower soundtrack ends up on an album someday.

*Tad