Star Tours Exit Music

Dr. Know

Has anyone ever recorded or compiled a list of the cues that play in the Star Tours exit area? I know that the cues are taken from the soundtrack -- I seem to remember hearing part of the Throne Room -- but I would like to know exactly what is heard there if possible.

And on a related note, is the Star Wars music played in Imagineering the Dream actually used in Star Tours?

Many thanks, and May the Force Be With You :)

DavidG

If it's the same as in DLP and TDL, the exit music consists of a re-recording of the Throne Room and the end credits music of The Empire Strikes Back, slightly rearranged to play in a loop.

The track on Imagineering the Dream is a short excerpt; the full 5 minute track can be found on the "Treasures of Fantasy" compilation.

Hope that helped!

Dr. Know

That helps alot!!

Now, where can I find that Treasures of Fantasy cd? Which volume is it on? Are individual cds even available?Any other suggestions??

Thank you!

Gurgitoy2

No, the individual CD's are not availible. However, I have on occasion seen people sell them individually on Ebay, but not very often, and never the full set.

In both versions of the Treasures of Fantasy set, the Star Tours track is on Volume 2 "Feel the Magic".

Dr. Know

I'm listening to it now -- absolutely great! It brings back that feeling of exhilaration that I always feel as I exit from this great attraction.

:)

Horizons

Playlist Author
I just started collecting reference material from Star Tours before the attraction closes next month.

The exit hall music runs ~9:53 and is basically the Star Wars Theme from the Treasures of Fantasy CD, as explained below, looped twice. I haven't done a detailed comparison of the two in order to determine the minor differences that may exist (i.e., the transition music).

This music is also used inside Tatooine Traders and in the exterior area around Tatooine Traders, as you walk towards MuppetVision 3D.

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Likewise, I plan to capture reference material at DLP next month - there are rumours that it's also scheduled for refurb (nothing official yet).

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Don't know the validity of this posting over at Laughing Place's "The Latest", but thought I'd share it anyway:

Composer Michael Giacchino to Score Star Tours II: The Adventures Continue?
"We have heard that once again John Williams has declined the opportunity to score Star Tours II: The Adventures Continue (Williams was not involved in the original Star Tours or any of the Indiana Jones attractions). Instead Michael Giacchino has been tapped to score the new attraction as he is a fan of the attraction. The signature Star Tours theme will be kept."

Horizons

Playlist Author
I hope Williams declined because he was too busy scoring Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

This just means there will be brand new attraction/queue audio that will likely not see the light of day. Based on my reference recordings from this morning, all of the queue/main show/exit hall music from the current version that has surfaced is accurate to DHS (which means DHS is the same as DL's version).

I just need to get a reference recording of the exterior and EWOK loops, both running an hour. SoundmanG has already posted the EWOK loop was specifically recorded for the attraction and I've never come across it before. I did go a few times just to specifically listen for it, but it wasn't playing those times I went. I hope to at least get a reference recording before it's too late, assuming the exterior music also changes with the upgrades.

almandot

Did anyone notice anything about star tours' score they feel would have been dramatically different had williams done the score? B)

Dr. Know

Giacchino is the perfect choice for the new Star Tours. Now I am even more excited to experience the revised attraction.

The Trout

Yep, I'm incredibly excited. Not only am I a huge Giacchino fan to begin with, but from his Space Mountain tracks, we know that he can write some absolutely awesome on-board soundtracks.

Horizons

Playlist Author
The gift shop is still open and is now playing a different loop than before. Looks like I have another project to add to the list. Where's thx99 when you need him?

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The gift shop is still open and is now playing a different loop than before. Looks like I have another project to add to the list. Where's thx99 when you need him?
Sitting in front of my computer... about 800 miles away. ;)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Obi-Wan: [member=thx99] is our last hope.

Yoda: No. There is another.

;)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I didn't think that we were allowed to put any links on this site.
What "links" are you referring to? The only link I see in this thread is one I posted of a small news item on Laughing Place about Giacchino being tapped to score Star Tours II, and that is certainly allowed.