Splash Mountain [MK]

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
It's a frequently reiterated fact that the current Splash Mountain BGM at Walt Disney World has 26 tracks, 16 of which were released from WDWF, and 10 of which have never seen the light of day. There were 49 total Splash Mountain tracks released via WDWF, though some were never used, and some of those tracks were never played at WDW's Splash Mountain. For a while I thought these were all the tracks recorded for that purpose - the ones released via WDWF, that is. However, after listening to other tracks, it seems that there were additional tracks scored in the style of WDW's Splash Mountain that weren't released via WDWF. An example of these tracks are found in the DLRP Mike Fink Keelboats BGM and the Pecos Bill track that played at Disneyland's Main Gate.

Does anyone know of any other audio that has the same musical style as WDW's Splash Mountain that's played elsewhere, or even better, is there a master list of tracks that were scored for Splash Mountain?

Thanks in advance!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I feel as if this is intended as a challenge for me to gather up the eleventy-seven separate 'Splash Mountain' threads and merge them into one. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
It's a frequently reiterated fact that the current Splash Mountain BGM at Walt Disney World has 26 tracks, 16 of which were released from WDWF, and 10 of which have never seen the light of day.
Some of these tracks are also used in the Critter Country BGM at Tokyo Disneyland.

There were 49 total Splash Mountain tracks released via WDWF, though some were never used, and some of those tracks were never played at WDW's Splash Mountain.
Some are scored in the style of Disneyland's Critter Country BGM. I haven't, however, tried to determine where all of the non-WDW tracks were used, if at all.

It's a frequently reiterated fact that the current Splash Mountain BGM at Walt Disney World has 26 tracks, 16 of which were released from WDWF, and 10 of which have never seen the light of day.
Which I am still hunting these 10 unreleased tracks for a while now and still no luck, from what I know is a track (about 47 or 48 minutes in length, having all 10 tracks, and a brief cuttoff at the ending of the track, which the track is a WDW Forever one, If anyone knows something or has something, please PM, I have been hunting these tracks since seeing the list on here and on MB.com, also my hunt has been trekked for 4yrs and I still have nothing! I wanna end this and get this (my holy grail)!!

gmeader

Some of these tracks are also used in the Critter Country BGM at Tokyo Disneyland.

There were 49 total Splash Mountain tracks released via WDWF, though some were never used, and some of those tracks were never played at WDW's Splash Mountain.
Some are scored in the style of Disneyland's Critter Country BGM. I haven't, however, tried to determine where all of the non-WDW tracks were used, if at all.
For what it's worth all the BGM tracks used at WDW Splash and TDL Splash/Critter Country were recorded at the same session. TDL required more music due to Critter Country which is why some tracks heard at TDL are not heard at WDW. Some of this same music was also used on various BGM tracks at DLP and elsewhere. I'm not sure what got released on WDWF but between TDL and WDW all the recorded tracks were used.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have been hunting these tracks since seeing the list on here and on MB.com, also my hunt has been trekked for 4yrs and I still have nothing! I wanna end this and get this (my holy grail)!!
And I thought your holy grail was only three songs from the loop. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
For what it's worth all the BGM tracks used at WDW Splash and and TDL Splash/Critter Country were recorded at the same session.
This makes sense, given the opening dates of the two versions. There is also a lot of music scored in the same fashion as the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad music. In fact, the Garden Grill restaurant over at EPCOT uses a killer loop which is comprised of Big Thunder Mountain style music. However, there are several songs in the loop that I have not been able to locate in any other park.

I have been hunting these tracks since seeing the list on here and on MB.com, also my hunt has been trekked for 4yrs and I still have nothing! I wanna end this and get this (my holy grail)!!
And I thought your holy grail was only three songs from the loop. :p
Whats wrong with having more then one grail?! Is it illegal, hahaha!! Lets just say, that someone here has given me the power to seek out some unreleased materials and I do have someone on the inside for Disneyland, but not many for Walt Disney World!! I know i said the 3 songs were my grail, but now i am fascinated by the loop and wanna push my self and go for the entire loop, is there any harm in that :(!!

SoundMan, could there be any possibility that some of those songs could have been used elsewhere beside what we have stated, say......CBJ(Bears) in the older years of when the bears were brought into the WDWR? I am just asking cause some of the Splash Tracks do have a piano backing to them (You are my sunshine just to name one), I know CBJ came before Splash, but could there be a possibility that when Splash was born, that some of the unused tracks could have been used in a indoor lobby loop for CBJ, I know currently the loop inside the CBJ Lobby is the Frontierland Loop, but has that ever changed around the 1990's when Splash was built! Just asking and was curious, thanks!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Let's just say, that someone here has given me the power to seek out some unreleased materials...
I hope this doesn't mean that you have taken to pestering other members through private messages again. I have already received several complaints about this. If you persist, I will have to suspend or remove your account. :p

Jay / Admin

Tannerman

Some are scored in the style of Disneyland's Critter Country BGM.
This is what has baffled me a bit. The bluegrassy-feel of the WDW specific tracks work, but per all the lists, are the New Orleans-style DL tracks just intermixed between all that bluegrass stuff? When you put it all together, doesn't sound like they fit overall.

gmeader

SoundMan, could there be any possibility that some of those songs could have been used elsewhere beside what we have stated, say......CBJ(Bears) in the older years of when the bears were brought into the WDWR? I am just asking cause some of the Splash Tracks do have a piano backing to them (You are my sunshine just to name one), I know CBJ came before Splash, but could there be a possibility that when Splash was born, that some of the unused tracks could have been used in a indoor lobby loop for CBJ, I know currently the loop inside the CBJ Lobby is the Frontierland Loop, but has that ever changed around the 1990's when Splash was built! Just asking and was curious, thanks!
There is a 100% chance that the Splash BGM was used in other areas. Once a BGM track has been recorded and paid for it's basically free from that point on. I don't know for sure where the music may have been used but it's a sure bet that is was used somewhere other than Splash and I'd say quite possibly in the CBL Lobby. It was common practice back then to replace old BGM loops with newer music as it became available. I wasn't involved with that area specifically (CBJ) so if any music was or has been changed out over the years there I have no direct knowledge of it.