1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spaceship Earth

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Fantasmic, Jun 10, 2007.

1. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

I've seen a couple of fan comments stating a movement's underfoot to replace Dame Dench with somebody else. After listening I understand why. Somehow, it's just doesn't hit the spot.

Perhaps the Year of a Million Dreams (take two) will allow some lucky guest to record the narration.

2. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Since I've known you I've been to WDW 3 times Bill. 2003, 2006, and 2007. Sorry if I can't drop everything and go every month.

Yeah Dame Dench's voice just seems to be lacking something for me too. Perhaps I'm just used to deep voices on Spaceship Earth.

3. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Well, goodness knows I'd rather the opportunity to be the voice of Spaceship Earth for a decade than the Year of a Million Dreams lanyard I received at WDW last month. Truly, if we're going to break the bank let's do it in style. Plus, I do a rather good Jeremy Irons if the weather's right.

4. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Is there a problem with being both a music collector and a pin collector? What if one's pin collection consisted of nothing but pins with musical themes? Not to say, of course, that I'm the one I'm talking about. . .

5. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

As this board clearly demonstrates, music collectors are way cooler than pin collectors.

"Scarecro-o-o-ow, Scarecro-o-ow, the soldiers of the king fear his name..."

6. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

After several listenings to Broughton's SSE Exterior loop, I really really like it. I didn't pay enough attention to it in person, but now that I've heard it a few times, it really has that Early EPCOT Center mix of grandeur and melancholy- or at least that's what I imagine EPCOT of 1982 was like ;)

I've gone back and watched my home video of this SSE (2007) for the first time, and I also like what I can hear of the score, but especially at the top when you're in space and the entry tunnel and Prehistoric man segments. Most of the rest is too hard to hear.

I also got to see O Canada with Martin Short this last trip and while the score still doesn't wow me very much, I really like the entry music, probably because it's more a riff on the song Canada You're a Lifetime Journey, than anything else.

7. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I agree on the O'Canada load music. It's very good. I wish the music was played through the ALD system, like the rest of the score. However, I did manage an audience free recording of the load music that I would be happy to send your way.

8. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I would have thought by now that your mailbox was full. ;)

9. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

I'm a pin collector myself...and you just offended me and other pin collectors out there! Shame on you for being so negative! ;)

10. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Bill....negative? I haven't noticed that before.

So are you offended because you have too much money or that you have bad taste?

11. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

I'm sorry to hear Sharon gave you a pin!

12. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

HEY! Music collectors AND pin collectors are both cool! Don't be so discriminatory! :angry:

13. Marko

Marko Member

SSE Area music

I was listening to some 2-minute recordings of Spaceship Earth's current area music and some questions came to mind. How long is the full loop and was there ever area music before the 2007 rehab? I don't remember hearing any.

14. almandot

almandot Member

Re: SSE Area music

My memory's extremely limited when it comes to details at WDW like this and last trip I took they were blasting the beach boys at the park entrance for the Flower & Garden festival but isn't there music played by the entrance ramp and into the queue?

15. Marko

Marko Member

That's the music I meant. Why on earth are they playing Beach Boys for the Flower and Garden Festival.

16. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

One of my recordings for the SSE area music was posted to Rodentsections. The entire loop is less than 3 minutes long, just looped continuous. 

The entrance music changes each year for both the Flower & Garden and Food & Wine to match the theme of each.  For example, Flower & Garden's theme this year was "Fun in the Sun," so Beach Boys music matched this theme. 

17. Marko

Marko Member

If you visit Limewire there is a different piece called SSE entrance and it isn't the one from Rodentsections.

Thanks for clearing up The Beach Boys for me.

18. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Without more details, we can't help you out.

19. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

20. SeaCastle

SeaCastle Playlist Author

As far as I know, the current BGM for Spaceship Earth is a little bit over two minutes long and is more or less an edit of the attraction's theme song. Was there any BGM for Spaceship Earth before the refurbishment? Personally I don't remember it having any, but I've been wrong before.

Thanks!