Space Mountain

Marko

I have a question. Since Star tunnel and the entrance music were released, how come the third song wasn't?

Marko

It plays in the TTA and also plays in the queue while you are descending into the ground.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I am seeking clarification about a number of Magic Kingdom Space Mountain tracks; reading the older posts did not necessarily clear up some of my questions.

I am confused about three of the WDWF tracks:

Space Warp, running 3.25
Star Tunnel, running 4.43

Are both of these tracks from the 1985 rehab of Space Mountain? Do they (and the other 1985 tracks - Entrance Music and Speed Ramp) still play? Where?

I am also seeking information about the RCA Leads the Way track 8.05. This appear to be four tracks strung together, each running two minutes:

1) a vocal version using "RCA Leads the Way"
2) a vocal version using "Let Your Dreams Lead the Way"
3) an instrumental version of the above two tracks
4) an instrumental version similar to but different from the above instrumental track

I know there derive from the original Space Mountain music, but are they really one track? are they a set of four tracks? and if so, where were they played? all in the speed ramp?

As always, any information is appreciated.

Best,
wedroy1923

Horizons

Playlist Author
I am confused about three of the WDWF tracks:

Space Warp, running 3.25
Star Tunnel, running 4.43

Are both of these tracks from the 1985 rehab of Space Mountain? Do they (and the other 1985 tracks - Entrance Music and Speed Ramp) still play? Where?
Space Warp is no longer used. Star Tunnel can be heard in two locations. It's the second song played in the queue (there are a total of three songs that play in the queue, before going through the turnstiles to enter the Alpha or Omega line). You can also hear it as the TTA winds through a portion of Space Mountain (over the exit ramp).

I had assumed all three of the queue tracks were original to when the attraction opened, with the RCA tracks playing at the exit ramp (Home of Future Living). I would be interested in knowing if my assumption is correct. I believe Star Tunnel started playing in the WED tunnel in 1985.

Entrance Music is still current and is the first song heard in the queue. The third song, which I don't know the name of, has not been released and, from what I have read, is going to be replaced in the current rehab. This song is in my top 5 of all WDW audio. ;)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Space Warp is no longer used. Star Tunnel can be heard in two locations. It's the second song played in the queue (there are a total of three songs that play in the queue, before going through the turnstiles to enter the Alpha or Omega line). You can also hear it as the TTA winds through a portion of Space Mountain (over the exit ramp).

I had assumed all three of the queue tracks were original to when the attraction opened, with the RCA tracks playing at the exit ramp (Home of Future Living). I would be interested in knowing if my assumption is correct. I believe Star Tunnel started playing in the WED tunnel in 1985.

Entrance Music is still current and is the first song heard in the queue. The third song, which I don't know the name of, has not been released and, from what I have read, is going to be replaced in the current rehab. This song is in my top 5 of all WDW audio. :(
Horizons: Thanks for the information!

Does anyone know if the Space Warp music was from the attraction's original music?

Does anyone know if the Space Warp music was from the attraction's original music?
According to Martin's "Space Mountain Loop" from '77, Space Warp was playing then and he's a pretty reliable source.

X-S Tech

I do not believe that the queue music was original to opening day. As you said, there was a rehab around 85 or so and I think that's when the new queue music was added. The queue is based on the song "We've Come So Far" (probably not the official title). I don't see them having that song at the same time they were using "Here's to the Future".

The 8 minute track is just those individual loops all strung together. They were never used as one loop, but whenever it was digitized (probably from tape) someone just didn't bother to chop the individual tracks up.

Oh yeah, and I think, but am not sure, that "Let your dreams lead the way" (as opposed to "RCA leads the way") was only installed after RCA dropped sponsorship.

"We've Come So Far" was written by Larry Gertz (music by George Wilkins) and is copyright 1991 (Walt Disney Music Company). Thoughts??

David26m

I have a question. Since Star tunnel and the entrance music were released, how come the third song wasn't?
Which track exactly are you referring to, I have most every track that was played at the Mountain at WDW including, the RCA Tracks with vocals. If anyone needs let me know. Some are of execellent quality, and some are above average, I guess thats what happens when you work in that building for over 3 years!! On a side note, My house was broken into and the original RCA letters that were out front of the building were stolen, but I still have my Rehab sign, so they did not get everything :(

Horizons

Playlist Author
It's climbing fast, kids! Number five with a bullet here on American Bandstand Magic Music! :(
These statements are easily reconciled. The song is in my top 5 of all time WDW music, but it's in my top 10 of WDW audio I don't have, but would like to. :(

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The song is in my top 5 of all time WDW music, but it's in my top 10 of WDW audio I don't have, but would like to. :(
Hmmm. So it could possibly be No. 2 on your list of all-time favorite WDW music...but only No. 9 on your list of WDW music that you want to get a hold of...meaning that there could be as many as six tracks that you don't like as much, but that you would rather have...

In my best Dick Tufeld voice:

Warning! Warning!
That does not compute!
That does not compute!

X-S Tech

As for why 2 of the queue selections were released and the third wasn't, there are a few theories. I do know that the people involved with selecting tracks for WDW Forever, weren't exactly big fans of WDW- their interest was more to repeat the success of DL Forever but to do it without bothering to consult those who's knowledge had contributed to that success. This could be part of the reason we ended up with several dozen tracks of Splash Mountain Area Music and only one little track of If You Had Wings. There just wasn't much thought put into what was pulled for release.

There's also the chance that for one reason or another, they did prep the 3rd queue loop for SPace Mountain and it just never made it onto the system. Updates for WDW Forever were never as regular as DL's system. They may have been trying to space out some of the releases, not releasing all of one attractions music at one time, and just never got around to it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Hmmm. So it could possibly be No. 2 on your list of all-time favorite WDW music...but only No. 9 on your list of WDW music that you want to get a hold of...meaning that there could be as many as six tracks that you don't like as much, but that you would rather have...

In my best Dick Tufeld voice:

Warning! Warning!
That does not compute!
That does not compute!
It's the best I could come up with in such short notice. :(

FoxxFur

I'm pretty certain that the "Star Tunnel" and "Entrance Ramp" music are from the "RYCA-1 Dream of a New World" refurbishment which removed the RCA Home of Future Living in favor of the nonsense which currently graces the exit speedramp today. You can synch up "Star Tunnel" and "We've Come so Far" much like the tracks from, say, the Haunted Mansion. I'm not so sure that the Zig-Zag Tunnel music is also from 1985 in that it sounds more like the 1975 tracks to me, so if that's true then that's one track from Space Mountain's RCA years still in place. The second is obviously the ComChat / Lift Hill piece which still plays today.

I seriously hope that a sufficient amount of money has been reserved to fix the speedramp post-show to give people something worth looking at on their way back to ground level... twenty-four years of RYCA-1 has been enough. I somehow doubt it.

X-S TECH is correct. The people in charge of the Forever CD Systems, while very big Disney fans and Imagineers; most knew very little in regards to Disneyland music and used many "consultants" from within Disney and from outside who had a strong knowledge of park audio. Even private collections were used to get a feel of what could be done. The same people were also used to help set up WDW Forever. They knew even less of WDW music and it's history. One amazing example is that the Disneyland Carousel of Progress tracks were going to be uploaded to WDW Forever when someone said NO!!!!! That's not the same show NOR song Florida guests are going to be nostalgic about!!! At the last moment the correction was made. When The heard the tracks for IF YOU HAD WINGS, most of the people making the selections had never been on the attraction or knew almost nothing about it. 60's park music was becoming popular among collectors, but sadly the 70's early WDW music and "Wings" tracks were not well received at that time. Even when people let the Forever people didn't really take on the project with the same passion as the DL Forever. Also one of the guys making final selections was a big country music fan, and I think that's why there were so many Splash Mountain Area tracks........or the least identifiable modern 70's music from "If You Had Wings" was left out and a Dixieland version was used (so improvised that jazz track was, it was almost unidentifiable as a "Wings" track) Many mistakes were not caught as well, Like The Carousel Of progress: a single track was offered as COP Exit Music, but it was in reality the isolated music that was suppose to play under the "Welcome to the COP" intro. The actual exit March of "Best Time of Your Life" was sampled on the order menu with the correct exit thank you spiel, but was not on the CDs. Also the distinctive final with the female soul-rock version on the song was left off ot covered by the family's vocals.

And understand, I'm not complaining about the vast amount of stuff that came out of DL and WDW Forever, it was amazing and a great assortment, however some things were neglected when it came to WDW.

I'm POSITIVE Randy will make all better and please the millions of eastern Seaboard Disney fans with his Walt Disney World 40th set!!!!!!

Mike
DC 88 SPACE LINER
DL FLIGHT 295

Marko

And understand, I'm not complaining about the vast amount of stuff that came out of DL and WDW Forever, it was amazing and a great assortment, however some things were neglected when it came to WDW.

I'm POSITIVE Randy will make all better and please the millions of eastern Seaboard Disney fans with his Walt Disney World 40th set!!!!!!
Well said!!!

Hopefully Randy will be extra generous with this 40th set.

The "RCA Leads The Way" or (Here's to the Future, the songs actual name) was always used untill the rehab in 1985. The "Let your Dreams lead the way" was never used as RCA was always it's sponsor. It was probably recorded "just in case" RCA didn't renew it's sponsorship.

-Mike
DC 88 SPACELINER
DL FLIGHT 295