Sorcery in the Skies Fireworks

mmmfan

I guess many of you have heard about this show.Here's something from mouseplanet:

See ya, "Sorcery"
On Saturday night, a Pampered Chef convention was the last group to ever see the full "Sorcery in the Sky" fireworks show. The show was noted for the inflatable Sorceror Mickey that appeared on the roof of the Chinese Theater and shot fireworks from its fingers. (It is believed that this effect had already been dismantled before Saturday's performance.) The group had bought out the evening hours at the theme park, which closed to the general public at 7:00 p.m. The fireworks show began at 11:30 p.m.

While the July 4 fireworks are being billed as "Sorcery in the Sky," it will actually be a shorter show known as "Lights, Camera, Fireworks." It is unknown at this time whether all future fireworks at the Studios will be "Lights, Camera, Fireworks" or if a new show is in the offing.

Sorry to read this.I liked this show.Great selection of movie music to accompany the show.I think it had a big influence on many of the shows in the other theme parks that came later.
If anyone sees the new show on the 4th,please tell us about it.

SharonKurland

Re:Sorcery in the Skies Firewoks

So THAT'S why there were fireworks so late at night! I was driving home from the Adventurers Club and was like, "WTF???"

I doubt we'll be going to WDW this July 4th. We did it for the first few years we lived in FL (because "we could"), but it's gonna be crowded and hot. Plus we're working on some kitchen wallpapering this weekend and will probably be tired.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

mmmfan

Re:Sorcery in the Skies Firewoks

Meant to write fireworks not firewoks! ;)
Just modified it.

Dear Sharon,
Guess they were testing.Enjoy reading your posts.Good luck with the wallpapering job.

SharonKurland

Nope. We now know that Sharon scans her environment continually while behind the wheel, as any safe driver should. I didn't WATCH the fireworks...I just noticed 'em.

Neener. Neener. Neener.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL