Songs with magical words

candleshoe

Hello -
Wondering if our experts can help with a puzzlement. I'm trying to thing of as many songs as possible that feature "magical words." I've come up with "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo," "Higitus Figitus," and "Substitutiary Locomotion." All of these are Disney songs; I'm also interested in songs that aren't from Disney works; perhaps written by the Shermans, or others. Any songs with magical words... I'm really drawing a blank here!

Any help most appreciated!

Gurgitoy2

You forgot a big one! "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

Also, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah"

And, there's the made-up words (not necissarily magic ones) "Chim Chim Cher-ee", "Fortuosity", "Flitterin'", "Oo-De-Lally", "Brazzle Dazzle Day"...there are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

dtats

I'm also interested in songs that aren't from Disney works;

"Abra-cadabra" by the Steve Miller Band (and more recently covered by Sugar Ray for some Sabrina, the Teenage Witch CD a few years back (which is an ABC property, so it's quasi-Disney).

By the way, could a Heffalump or Woozle be considered magical? ???

dtats

Wow, I haven't heard that song in awhile (Hocus Pocus by Focus-say that three times fast). They could've used the yodeling in that song for "HOTR." ;D

And although perhaps it does not have a magical connotation, I always wondered what "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" really referred to? ;)

narkspud

A couple that occurred to me:

Fee Fi Fo Fum from Mickey and the Beanstalk

and from the non-Disney world:

Witch Doctor - David Seville
and
Chick-A-Boom - Daddy Dewdrop

"Remember The MAGIC" (GOD I MISS THAT PARADE)
"On This MAGIC Night" Theme from SpectroMAGIC (a parade Sharon & I could care less about...RIGHT SHARON???)
Fanfare of Lights from "Disney's (Main Street Electrical Parade) there is a reference to the word MAGIC in the Opening announcement)

SharonKurland

> "On This MAGIC Night" Theme from
> SpectroMAGIC (a parade Sharon &
> I could care less about...RIGHT
> SHARON???)

Man oh man, I just come back from a 9-day vcacation and THIS is what I come back to? Talk about Spectrovomit. Thanks for making me shudder.....

-Sharon-

candleshoe

Thanks, everyone -- it looks like there really aren't very many songs with magical words! I'm looking for those songs that cause something to happen - "spell songs," if you will. I've come up with loads of songs with nonsense words, like "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and "Fortuosity" etc. But not many of the "magical" variety!