Song on Disney Bus to Animal Kingdom?

dukkha

There is a song played on the Disney Bus when you are in route to Animal Kingdom, does anyone know what song it is?

Horizons

Playlist Author
There is a song played on the Disney Bus when you are in route to Animal Kingdom, does anyone know what song it is?

There's more than one song that plays on the buses. For example, when I took the bus from Fort Wilderness to Pioneer Hall, I heard several bluegrass selections. All of the buses are programed to play music that is similar to what you will hear at your final destination. So without a sample of the one song you are trying to ID, this task seems impossible.

dukkha

This site seems to know most songs played at Disney World, so maybe someone could tell me every song that plays in route to Animal Kingdom. Does anyone know?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Oh dear oh dear. I plan to do some coverage of the buses to Animal Kingdom and maybe DHS to and from the TTC during my upcoming trip.

In the meantime, here are some recordings I made back in 2007. I've never shared them previously because there is a lot of noise (also: it's hard to keep a pickup in place while standing on a moving bus! This was before I fully discovered the magic of tape and glue dots), but perhaps someone can ID some of the songs.

You're gonna want to turn the volume way down. Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3odvav
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zfwrbo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k0aljp
http://www.sendspace.com/file/23b03n

Edit:

And taking a quick listen, a few songs I've been able to pick out are:

Ani Munange from Dance My Children, Dance by Samite
Tsy Kivy from Son Egal by Tarika
Footprints from Footprints by Jai Uttal
Hapa Duniani from African Dawn by African Dawn (can also be heard on Kilimanjaro Safari)

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
In the meantime, here are some recordings I made back in 2007. I've never shared them previously because there is a lot of noise (also: it's hard to keep a pickup in place while standing on a moving bus! This was before I fully discovered the magic of tape and glue dots), but perhaps someone can ID some of the songs.

You're gonna want to turn the volume way down. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I made an induction recording of the bus from Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Magic Kingdom - not one of my most pleasant experiences on vacation. The bus engine noise made it sound like a siren going off every 10 seconds. Besides the crappy quality of my recorder (and the bus noise) the recording actually came out halfway decent for holding up an induction pickup to a bus speaker for 16 minutes.

From a quick play-through, the DAKL-Magic Kingdom bus contains music from (in no particular order):
- "Maple Leaf Rag"
- "It's a Small World"
- "Yoho, Yoho, a Pirate's Life for Me"
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

From what I can hear in my recording, there is no Joe Hursh spiel.

I'll attempt a clean-up, but the quality of my recorder is akin to holding up a cellphone to a speaker and recording it what the person hears on the other end of the line.

Note: After a listen, it sounds like I picked up much less interference then C33 did, but the bus audio that was recorded from his device is more clearer in terms of what you could hear of the narration.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Note: After a listen, it sounds like I picked up much less interference then C33 did, but the bus audio that was recorded from his device is more clearer in terms of what you could hear of the narration.

Well it's often luck of the draw whenever it comes to moving vehicles, particularly trams, buses and monorails. Since I made these recordings I've moved from a crappy $50 Olympus recorder to a much much nicer Edirol, so the quality will at least be better, but hopefully there will be less whine as well.

Could be an interesting project, seeing what music plays where on the buses. I marvel at the fact that they have enough spiels for all of the different combinations.

Club 33

Playlist Author
I can no longer edit my original post but I should add that "Hapa Duniani," which has as I mentioned played in the Kilimanjaro Safaris ride, can be found on the CD African Dawn.

Sorry for all of the posts- this is where the (understandable) rule of no editing after a short period gets annoying.

Anyway, I just noticed that other than Hapa Duniani, all of the songs in my recordings play right next to each other as part of the AK Entrance Loop:

AK Main Entrance - Area Music

So it's possible perhaps that the bus simply plays the entrance loop? Then again from four seperate recordings I only identified those four songs (some of which were on multiple recordings) so it's possible only a small section of the loop actually plays on the bus.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Thanks much, that should be helpful.

I know this:

The song that plays when you enter the MK is the marching band version of "Mickey Mouse Club March," the Epcot song is the 2001 Epcot entrance version of "One Little Spark," and Animal Kingdom is "Hapa Duniani," like you just mentioned. Now I don't remember taking a bus to the Studios and hearing a piece of music as you enter the park (maybe the bus missed its cue), but would you happen to know what it is? I think it very well could have been the John Williams arrangement of "Hooray for Hollywood," but I could be wrong... Any help?