Resource icon

Playlist Soarin' Over California Queue

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Couldn't find an answer for this buried in the forum archives. I'm building the queue loop for Soarin' at DCA using Thx99's info here, but I got a little bit stuck. Kristen's site says that the loop should only be 27:09, but if I use the entire Blue Max suite, it ends up being much longer than that. Did Disney edit the suite, or did they just use the Overture? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Okay, took a look/listen to my reconstruction and determined that the segment from "The Blue Max Suite" featured in the loop (from the Jerry Goldsmith: Suites and Themes CD) is from approximately 0:29 through 2:17. I imagine that these times should pretty well match up with track 1 of Silva America's Goldsmith Conducts Goldsmith re-release of the same material.

The Trout

Thanks! Do you know if any of the other tracks are edited, or if they're just straight drop-ins? I know a couple of other tracks are mixed together, but do you know where? If you don't have to time to track down the info, don't sweat it. I'm just anal about these things.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
thx99 submitted a new playlist:

Soarin' Over California Queue
Disney California Adventure Park • Golden State
Soarin' Over California Queue Background Music
(February 8, 2001 to Present Day)​

211X9ZP6VNL._AC_UY80_.jpg
01. Girls of Many Nations in D.C. 1:39
Randy Edelman
The Distinguished Gentleman [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

02. Soft Rebellion 1:21
Randy Edelman
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

03. Reprise of "The Distinguished Gentleman" & Finale 2:24
Randy Edelman
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
An edit has been made to the playlist:

Credit has been given to Progressland, who appears to have first posted the track listing back in 2002

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
An edit has been made to the playlist:

iTunes links have been added

The Trout

Were the edits in this loop ever nailed down? Several of the tracks need a lot of trimming.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Were the edits in this loop ever nailed down? Several of the tracks need a lot of trimming.
I made a complete reconstruction of the loop from the source CDs several years ago, so yes, the edits were nailed down. However, I don't believe that I retained any notes about the edits. :( I'll have a look around and see if I can come up with something.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I made a complete reconstruction of the loop from the source CDs several years ago, so yes, the edits were nailed down. However, I don't believe that I retained any notes about the edits. :( I'll have a look around and see if I can come up with something.
I think I asked you this before, but did you use the source copy as a reference, or a live/induction recording? Also, any luck on the one unknown track?

On a different topic, I was looking at one of the Star Wars Weekend loops I never got around to finishing and one of the tracks does not appear to come from (or at least as far as I can tell) an official release or re-recording. Rather, the version I needed was found on a fan made score compilation, the material which was ripped from the DVD.

The Trout

On a different topic, I was looking at one of the Star Wars Weekend loops I never got around to finishing and one of the tracks does not appear to come from (or at least as far as I can tell) an official release or re-recording. Rather, the version I needed was found on a fan made score compilation, the material which was ripped from the DVD.

It strikes me as odd that it wouldn't be a standard needledrop, unless LucasFilm just gave WDI the masters for the full soundtracks. Star Wars music (of which I'm sitting on a huge pile) can come from a variety of sources otherwise: the original trilogy has almost every single note committed to CD; Menace has most of the score, albeit poorly edited, on CD, with additional material leaking out of video games; only about half of Clones and Sith is officially on CD, with some of Clones and a lot of Sith leaking out through video games too. I'm actually having a hard time imagining that they'd use a DVD rip for anything unless it was for material from Clones. What's the track in question?

Horizons

Playlist Author
It strikes me as odd that it wouldn't be a standard needledrop, unless LucasFilm just gave WDI the masters for the full soundtracks. Star Wars music (of which I'm sitting on a huge pile) can come from a variety of sources otherwise: the original trilogy has almost every single note committed to CD; Menace has most of the score, albeit poorly edited, on CD, with additional material leaking out of video games; only about half of Clones and Sith is officially on CD, with some of Clones and a lot of Sith leaking out through video games too. I'm actually having a hard time imagining that they'd use a DVD rip for anything unless it was for material from Clones. What's the track in question?
It just may be that I don't have a complete collection of Star Wars cues. The song in question is "Ewok Celebration" and it's the film version which includes some added sfx to the cue which does not seem to be included in any of the cues that I have on my hard drive. I'll send you the recording so you can see if the cue is otherwise available.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The film version of the original "Ewok Celebration" was released on the 4-CD box set in the early 1990s. That is most likely the source of the track.

Horizons

Playlist Author
The film version of the original "Ewok Celebration" was released on the 4-CD box set in the early 1990s. That is most likely the source of the track.
If I am not mistaken, I have this collection and track, which is labeled as being the "film version." However, the track does not have the sfx overlaid over the cue music. I'll send you the reference recording as well, since you're a much bigger (star wars) geek than I am. :lol:

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Getting back to the thread's topic...

I think I asked you this before, but did you use the source copy as a reference, or a live/induction recording?
Not sure, but I suspect it's an induction recording (there's no crowd or other ambient sounds).

Also, any luck on the one unknown track?
There is no unknown track. Are you thinking of the Soarin' (EPCOT) loop, in which the exact version of the Battlestar Galactica theme has yet to be identified?

Horizons

Playlist Author
Getting back to the thread's topic...

There is no unknown track. Are you thinking of the Soarin' (EPCOT) loop, in which the exact version of the Battlestar Galactica theme has yet to be identified?
Sorry, yes, I was referring to the EPCOT version. For the playlist for this version, did you use the source file? And I was asking about the Battlestar Galactica track. As with this one Star Wars track, I wonder if the unknown track is available in a fan compilation somewhere.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Sorry, yes, I was referring to the EPCOT version. For the playlist for this version, did you use the source file?
I believe so, but I would have to defer to [member=Dr. Know] on that one. I do recall that the reference recording was off-speed (too fast), though.

And I was asking about the Battlestar Galactica track. As with this one Star Wars track, I wonder if the unknown track is available in a fan compilation somewhere.
Not sure! Before this "appears to have been ripped from the film" Star Wars track, I would have doubted it, but now, anything's possible. :unsure:

(You do know that by reminding me of this elusive recording of Battlestar Galactica, you're sending me back on a wild goose chase trying to find it... Argh!!)