CD   iTunes   MP3 

211X9ZP6VNL._AC_UY80_.jpg
03. Reprise of "The Distinguished Gentleman" & Finale 2:24
Randy Edelman
The Distinguished Gentleman [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

Shane

Can someone point me in the direction of the tracklist for the Soarin' Over California queue, which is made up mainly of film music. I know I've seen that list somewhere, but I have been searching the archives and I can't find it.

Many thanks!

Is this the loop you were asking about? If so, it wasn't quite old enough to be in the archives... ;)

Dr. Know

Thanks, Shane, but that's not the one -- the loop I'm talking about is played in the actual queue area for Soarin', and includes selections from The American President (Shaiman), Dave (Howard), and Dragon (Edelman)... I know I've seen this tracklist posted somewhere, but where???

Anyone else?

Soarin' Over California Queue Music Loop

[See playlist above. —Admin]

From the Disneyland Music Loops thread:

-Jason

Dr. Know

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jason...

I actually own all of these soundtracks (with the exception of Battle of the Atlantic Suite)....

Now the question is: does the loop incorporate custom edits of these tracks, or are they played as is? Has anyone made a "live" recording of the loop so I can check?

Thanks again :)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
A few notes...

03. Battle of the Atlantic Suite - Evening Time (Roylance/Galvin)
This track is actually titled "Evening Tide" (track 2 on the CD). I highly recommend both
the "Battle of the Atlantic Suite" and its predecessor "The Tall Ships Suite". They are
available on separate CDs from the Conifer label. Militaristic, romantic, heroic. The
suites run the gamut of emotions.

08. Jerry Goldsmith Suites and Themes - The Blue Max Suite (Jerry Goldsmith)
09. Jerry Goldsmith Suites and Themes - The Generals (Jerry Goldsmith)
Varese Sarabande's Suites and Themes CD is long out of print; however, Silva Screen
reissued it not too long ago as "Goldsmith Conducts Goldsmith" with an additional
track (from LEGEND), and it should be easy to find. Try Screen Archives Entertainment at
www.screenarchives.com. Craig Spaulding at SAE is a gracious gentleman who
is a pleasure to deal with.

IIRC from my trip to DCA, the tracks are heard in their entirety; however, if the running
time of ~27 minutes is correct, then they must be edited because the track from the
"Battle of the Atlantic Suite" is 7+ minutes, "The Blue Max Suite" is 16+ minutes, and
"The Generals Suite" is 5+ minutes. These three tracks alone would run longer than
27 minutes.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Soarin' and Condor Flats loops

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has a full, live recording of either of the following, which they'd be willing to share:

- Soarin' Over California Queue Music
- Condor Flats Area Music

I'm looking to piece together a high-quality version of these loops from my CD collection, but I'd like to positively identify the source recordings and edited versions for the various selections first.

The disneymusicloops site provides a great deal of information about these loops, and I believe that I can fill in a few of the gaps. For instance, "633 Squadron" and "The Guns of Navarone" are both featured on a London CD titled "The Guns of Navarone: Music from World War II films" as part of their Cinema Gala series.

Since I haven't heard the area music loop in well over a year, I'm unable to determine whether or not these tracks are in fact the ones used in the loop.

I hate to be so nit-picky about including the EXACT versions and edits, but I suppose that there are worse things to be obsessive about. :p

Any assistance you may be able to provide is greatly appreciated. In return, I'd be more than happy to provide copies of the loops once they're completed.

Dr. Know

Re:Soarin' and Condor Flats loops

Hey Doug

This is a project that I have been wanting to take on for a couple of years. Unfortunately, I haven't come by a live recording for reference. Please let me know if you find one!

Jim

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

I'll be glad to let you know, Jim.

I have all but one of the CDs listed on the disneymusicloops site: American Jubilee. However, I have "Liberty Fanfare" on a number of other CDs. I may have to resort to using an alternate version for my finished product, as much as I hate to do it. :(

As for the selections which I believe have been edited for the loops (PURE SPECULATION):

- "The Blue Max Suite" (runs 16:29 on the CD, heard in both loops)

- "Evening Tide" (not "Time" as listed on the site, runs 7:23 on the CD, heard in the Soarin' queue loop)

sds910

I guess I should probably tell you that a high-quality copy of the actual Soarin' queue loop -- not a reconstruction -- is in circulation.

Steve

xfkirsten

Thanks for the update on those gaps! When I was looking around on amazon.com for the links, I remember having trouble finding a couple of the CDs listed under the Soarin' queue - and even then I try to be certain that they're the same version (as closely as possible considering that Disney often does their own edits).

-Kirsten

Dr. Know

As I have only limited newsgroup access, I would appreciate it if someone who actually has this Soarin' loop would make it available on #Disney-Central, and/or contact me via AIM. Thanks very much!!

Jim

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

Here are the amazon.com links for the two missing CDs from the Soarin' Queue:

Goldsmith Conducts Goldsmith (reissue of Suites and Themes with an extra track)

Battle of the Atlantic Suite (Dave Roylance & Bob Galvin)

Battle of the Atlantic is not available at amazon.com, but a quick search of ebay resulted in one hit.

Also, amazon.com lists track 2 incorrectly as "Evening Table"; the correct title is "Evening Tide."

xfkirsten

Perfect! Thank you!!! :) The "Suites and Themes" one was one I was really stumped on. The fact that it's a reissue explains a lot. :)

-Kirsten

The Trout

[Start of merged topic 4524 "Soarin' Over California." —Admin]

Couldn't find an answer for this buried in the forum archives. I'm building the queue loop for Soarin' at DCA using Thx99's info here, but I got a little bit stuck. Kristen's site says that the loop should only be 27:09, but if I use the entire Blue Max suite, it ends up being much longer than that. Did Disney edit the suite, or did they just use the Overture? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
It's definitely edited down. I just don't remember how exactly off the top of my head. I'll look into it and give you the details. As I recall, this loop didn't have any fancy edits like some of the other loops do so it should be pretty straightforward.