"Sky High" score on CD?

is there a recording of the score to "Sky High"? I have recently watched this movie and fallen in love with it!

I think Michael Giacchino did the orchestrations?

any help?

*Tommy

Dr. Know

The score is unreleased.... not even a promo has surfaced. Perhaps if Disney's experiment of selling Mark Isham's score to 8 BELOW exclusively on iTunes we may see more score releases.

Its VERY frustrating how many great Disney scores never find their way onto cd.

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

unfortunately I am not sure whether the experiment with the "8 below" score on iTunes is going to become a success for mainly two reasons:

1. it is the first time I hear about it. Shouldn't they have made it a bit better known, or did I just by chance miss the news?

2. Their CD releases of scores were bought by Disney fans and movie soundtrack fans all over the world. It is not for no reason that this fall the second huge soundtrack fan event will once again take place in Spain and e.g. John Debney will attend. Very often tracks are only released on the US iTunes shop. So unless they make sure to offer the tracks worldwide they might actually reduce the number of potential customers instead of increase it. So far I can't find the tracks on the German iTunes shop.

Yours
Dirk

Dr. Know

Tommy,

I don't know whether you saw the other thread about Michael Giacchino's Space Mountain music, but there is about 15 minutes of his score to be heard in Erik Woods' current radio program... see the other thread for the details!

What a shame that this great score did not receive any kind of release!!