Scary Music in the Parks

Marko

Scary music

Was there ever a song in WDW or another Disney park that made you feel anxious and nervous while waiting for or in a ride. For me it was the 3rd queue loop in space mountain.

Marko

Re: Scary music

The ambient sound effects in the basement boiler room (loading area) for The Twilight Zone? Tower of Terror.
I remember those. They make the atmosphere very creepey and unnerving.

almandot

The first bass-y note of the electrical parade intro. Back when it was in Disneyland and Anaheim was slightly more desolate, you'd be sitting with mostly just some crowd noise and every time a plane would fly somewhere nearby it would make that jet engine sound very similar to the note and you'd think the parade was about to start.

Edit: Oh.. didn't read the "Scary" part only the "anxious" part. Well, I never went on Alien Encounters so that really can't count but I was petrified of ET and most alien movies and going through the forest, hearing the music, and having that sorcerer-ET pop up in the queue for the Universal ride had me shaking and terrified.

Marko

I never understood that ET thing in the queue. Nobody payed any attention to it while it was out.

Marko

How about the ambient sounds from the Haunted mansion's graveyard. :D

almandot

Oh yeah I forgot one of the biggest ones of my childhood. In the Sleeping Beauty's castle walk-through you got to a point where there was a stairway leading down and the only thing you heard from downstairs was loud scary music, some lightning, Maleficent cackling, and her raven crowing. I was always scared to go down it even though once you got down there it wasn't really any scene like you'd think from those sound effects. During one walk-through when I was 6 I refused to go any further and had to walk back out the way we came through the entrance.

Marko

I just saw some pictures of it and I have to say those AAs would scare me to death.

BLM07

I never understood that ET thing in the queue. Nobody payed any attention to it while it was out.
The story is that ET's home planet is dying and they need ET's magic healing touch to save the world. The alien in the queue is Botanicus (and John Williams actually scored music for him) and he is basically telling the people in line to hurry to the planet. Bet nobody else around here knew that :unsure:

almandot

I did seeing how they explained all of that in the preshow video with Stephen Spielberg, but those guys still freaked the hell out of me. Oh god and that one part of the line where you're standing against a row of bushes and suddenly you hear ET scream AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH and the bushes rustle as if he's running through them like in the movie, I was standing right next to it one time and even though I knew what it was I bolted to the other side of that switchback line.

Marko

They have that in the line? Jeez, everytime I go the line is 10 minutes.