Saratoga Springs

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Over on "another" site, someone was asking what one of the tracks was in the Saratoga Springs loop. I don't know the loop(s) myself but they described the track as being the Beatles "Because" (based on Moonlight sonata played backwards). Seems an odd one to have in that location if it is that (they are certain it isn't the actual moonlight sonata).
Anyone familiar with the loop(s) know what I'm talking about and can name the track?
Just piqued my curiosity.
Thanks

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'll see if I can get over to Saratoga Springs in the next couple of days.

I recorded the entire pool loop, but unlike the Christmas BGM, it appears the pool loop is different than the main entrance/lobby (which is barely audible as it is).

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
It was heard on the bus going to Saratoga Springs so "should" be from the resort.
If it's any help. it was a violin solo.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It was heard on the bus going to Saratoga Springs so "should" be from the resort.
If it's any help. it was a violin solo.

On the bus??? I don't track those songs. I'll listen to what I did record and see if it was otherwise captured.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Out of curiosity, how did you obtain this? I will use it as a reference against my recording of the Main Pool BGM from last year and see if it's still accurate. Thanks for the post!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I should have looked at the list more closely before making my post above. The playlist is not currently accurate for the "Feature Pool BGM." Thankfully, the loop has been changed to more of a Big Band/Jazz loop. If I heard the music that is listed on the playlist blasting through the speakers, there is no way I would have sat there for 3 hours to record it. Jay thinks that I will record anything, but even I have my limits! :D

Someone had previously given me a playlist that looks a lot like this format for the Boardwalk. So, as we've suspected, comprehensive playlist information is located somewhere, it's just a matter of finding the right source. If you can give me details on who you spoke to or otherwise obtained this, I'll go to the resort this week and ask for an updated version. It's possible the "Lobby BGM" is still the same, because this is the style of music that I've heard playing in the main entrance/interior lobby.

And a couple of listings are alphabetical. DJ LMNOP strikes again!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Many thanks for those listings. The original poster did remark that it sounded somewhat Vivaldi-ish. There seems to be a good number of Vivaldi music there so he's going to have to go through the clips on Amazon to find which one he heard. :rolleyes:
I can think of a lot worse things to trawl through when attempting to ID a track - hours of Bavarian music and marimba music for instance :LOL:

eitcm

Out of curiosity, how did you obtain this? I will use it as a reference against my recording of the Main Pool BGM from last year and see if it's still accurate. Thanks for the post!

I obtained it a few years ago by asking at the front desk in the lobby. As someone has noted, some of it may have changed by now.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
What are you talking about? Bavarian music rocks!

True but after several dozen CDs it can get a little too similar.
Problem is, I'm still looking for that one track from the Chalet de Marionette so the search goes oomph-oompah on. You know the feeling, I'm sure. ;)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I was given a live recording of the pool music recorded in 2012. Needmagic has ID'd the tracks (it may, or may not, be the full loop - it's around 2:10:00 but LMNOP strikes again but did he really leave it at D? Did this loop end with L (see first track on the recording) and is there another E-L section?
Maybe of help if anyone is making a playlist.
You'll note that this loop (at least) changed since the playlists offered above.

SARATOGA SPRINGS POOL BGM 2012

00:00 Light The Stars – Chris Botti – Night Sessions
02:18 2 Funky – Candy Dulfer – Sax A Go/sexuality
07:03 A Tear For Crystal (Album Version) – David Sanborn – The Best of David Sanborn
12:32 Acoustic Traveler – Craig Chaquico – A Thousand Pictures
17:53 After Dark – Ken Navarro – Old Friends
22:56 Anything You Want (Abum Version) – David Sanborn – Hideaway
26:38 As We Speak – David Sanborn – As We Speak
30:53 Autumn Blue – Craig Chaquico – Smooth Grooves
35:35 Best Time – Chris Boti – Night Sessions
40:24 Blue Horizon – Chris Boti – Night Sessions
44:33 Blue Kiss – Chuck Loeb – Listen
51:22 Bob's Jazz – Candy Duffer – Sax A Go Go
56:11 Breaking Out – Norman Brown – Celebration
01:01:30 Buttercup – Chuck Leob – Listen
01:07:32 Can't Let You Go (The Sha La Song) – Dave Koz- The Dance
01:11:47 Careless Whisper – Dave Koz – The Dance
01:17:54 Caribbean Romance – Nestor Jones – The Sole of Paradise
01:22:38 Cathy's Song – David Sonborn – Hideaway
01:27:57 Carolina – Spyro Gyra – Point of View
01:32:18 Castille – Ray Obiedo – Windham Hill Sampler 96
01:37:32 Celebration – Norman Brown – Celebration
01:41:54 Chicago Song – David Sanborn – The Best of David Sanborn
01:46:34 Christine – Earl Klugh – The Best of Earl Klugh
01:50:42 Compassion – Ken Navarro – Old Friends
01:55:46 Unknown Conjuring - Checkfield - A View from the Edge [—Added by Admin]
01:59:54 Counterpoint – Spyro Gyra – Point of View
02:03:44 Dancing Angels – Urban Knights III
02:07:40 Deliciosso – Ken Navarro – Old Friends

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
It may be a shot in the dark but the unknown might begin with 'C' !

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I believe that this is from the Grandstand pool area. Not knowing the resort at all, I hope that makes sense.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
You'll note that this loop (at least) changed since the playlists offered above.

It looks exactly the same to me. :p

It may be a shot in the dark but the unknown might begin with 'C' !

I'll go you one further... the unknown is "Conjuring." :D

LMNOP is such a hack! :ROFL:

Did this loop end with L (see first track on the recording) and is there another E-L section?

Your first track is actually the last, 64, and, yes, it looks like you're missing tracks 28-63.

I believe that this is from the Grandstand pool area. Not knowing the resort at all, I hope that makes sense.

There are two feature pools, High Rock Springs and Paddock Springs, but according to the .pdf, this loop is for a "leisure pool," which I'm assuming is the same as a "quiet pool." There are two quiet pools, one in the Congress Park area and one in the Grandstand area, although the Paddock Springs pool was also a quiet pool prior to its (2011) expansion. Where, exactly, was your recording made? :unsure:

Interestingly, the .pdf lists "DCL Quiet Pool CDs 1-7" as the source albums for the loop. One can assume, then, that this loop was/is also featured on one or more of the Disney cruise ships.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Ah, Right. So this is the leisure pool then.
That CD reference threw me.
The loop was recorded live this year by pyrotech whilst sitting by the pool who gave me a copy.
Interestingly (or not, as the case may be) he tells me that there are three pools and this one is the Grandstand pool. He tells me the other two pools had different loops.
It's this one
http://www.wdwparkho...springs-resort/
sounds like that may be the quiet pool then?

If nothing else, we now have the source albums for the source albums for part of the loop :p

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
...he tells me that there are three pools and this one is the Grandstand pool. He tells me the other two pools had different loops.

There are four pools. If he made his recording at the Grandstand, then, yes, that would be one of the two quiet pools. He's likely forgetting the Congress Park pool, so by the other two pools, he's probably referring to the High Rock Springs and Paddock Springs feature pools.

Check your recording and see if "Conjuring" is by John Flanders. You can hear a sample in the iTMS. The playing time and genre both appear to be a match.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
No, it's certainly not that IF the track on iTunes is correct. The track in the loop is very slow and features bongo drums, marimba and what sounds like either finger clicking or wooden sticks banging together. A more Cuban (or that area) feel to it to me.
Short clip for identification purposes here
[Link Removed —Admin]
feel free to delete the link once the track is identified or whenever you feel appropriate.