Playlist Sanaa

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I finally got around to making a recording of Sanaa's area music during a quick visit in May. The loop can be heard in and around Sanaa, including the restrooms and hallway leading to the lower-level elevators.

The recording process was not without a hiccup or two, including interrogation by one of Disney's elderly mall rent-a-cops. You can Periscope/YouTube every square inch of Disney property without being bothered, but do something they don't understand, like get out your voice recorder to make note of a few songs, and clearly you must be up to no good! :ninja: I was even followed to my car! :eek:

Loop Playing Time: 2:12:29

Shazam/SoundHound Score: Zero, zip, nada :(

This one will likely remain a hidden work in progress until around the time Guardians of the Galaxy has finished replacing Universe of Energy. :ROFL:

Pandulph

AKL Fanatic
Premium Member
Followed to your car? Sheesh...that is pretty crazy, even for Disney security (and a little rude to boot).

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
(and a little rude to boot)

You don't know the half of it. At the start of our conversation:

Rent-a-cop: Are you staying here?
Me: I'm visiting.
Rent-a-cop: Who are you visiting?
Me: No one. I'm visiting the hotel.
Rent-a-cop: When are you leaving?

When am I leaving?! :confused: Yeah, I'd say that's just a little rude! :mad:

As locals, and fans, my family and I have visited Kidani Village and dined at Sanaa and/or had drinks at its bar on too may occasions to count. This is the first time anyone has ever asked me when I was leaving. :(

The guy flat out lied to me, too. He claimed that "people had tried to engage me and that I wasn't having any of it." Ah, no, sorry. I told him that in the entire time I was there, only one person talked to me, it was a guest asking where the restroom was, and I happily let her know (even using the "Disney point").

I pulled out my drivers license before the rent-a-cop even thought to ask, showed him my voice recorder, explained what I was doing, and told him about Magic Music. I thought we were good... but then a few minutes later... he decided to follow me down the hall, hop on the elevator with me, and follow me to my car where, I'm assuming, he made a note of my license plate.

Yeah, good job, buddy! (y) You uncovered a terrorist plot to identify pop music playing over a "top secret" public address system! Move along, nothing to hear here, folks! :ROFL:

Pandulph

AKL Fanatic
Premium Member
<shakes head>
Put people in a uniform and they will immediately overstep their authority. Power corrupts, even in the house of the mouse.