Sad news today

Fantasmic

Just read the post on MousePlanet :( Disneyland Forever has been officialy discontinued. The park custom CDs were wonderful while they lasted, but now both DL and WDW have ended their programs.

Mike Frisco

Also from the article-

"Merchandise CMs have said that a replacement for the system is being developed by Walt Disney Records, and that the new offering might be available in time for the Haunted Mansion Holiday event in early October."

What up, Randy? :D

Ron Muth

I believe WDW and DL Forever were tied-in with Red Dot??? Maybe Disney thinks they should own the process from start to finish for max profitability. That's cool with me as long as they bring it back.

Gurgitoy2

The article mentioned that it was because RedDotNet folded, but that's not true. I wonder where they got that information? RedDot is still going strong, just not with Disney...

Just read the post on MousePlanet :( Disneyland Forever has been officialy discontinued. The park custom CDs were wonderful while they lasted, but now both DL and WDW have ended their programs.

The contract with RedDot just ended... so, this isn't particularly sad news. The company had just been letting the system idle until the original deal concluded.

The "Forever" concept will be handled in-house in its next incarnation.