Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith - Area BGM

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I was on the internet today and found this article on Yahoo Music. The article talks about the music that plays on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. At the very end of the article, there is a listing for "The Disney World Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Playlist. It is as follows:

1. ?Livin? On The Edge? - Aerosmith
2. ?Kick Out The Jams? - MC5
3. ?Crosstown Traffic? - Jimi Hendrix
4. ?Riders On The Storm? - The Doors
5. ?Who Are You? - The Who
6. ?Jungle Love? - Steve Miller Band
7. ?Magic Carpet Ride? - Steppenwolf
8. ?Uncle John?s Band? - The Grateful Dead
9. ?Who Do You Love? - Quicksilver Messenger Service
10. ?Mannish Boy? - Muddy Waters
11. ?The Thrill Is Gone? - B.B. King
12. ?Somebody To Love? - Jefferson Airplane
13. ?Eight Miles High? - The Byrds
14. ?For Your Love? - The Yardbirds
15. ?Personality Crisis? - New York Dolls
16. ?Piece Of My Heart? - Janis Joplin
17. ?Bohemian Rhapsody? - Queen
18. ?Badge? - Cream
19. ?Sweet Emotion? - Aerosmith

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is the loop that plays outside Rock 'n' Rollercoaster?

Horizons

Playlist Author
Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is the loop that plays outside Rock 'n' Rollercoaster?
Actually, I can't help you with a playlist for this one. I have no desire whatsoever to get a recording or playlist for this loop. However, if I'm not mistaken, at one point (maybe currently), the loop was made up of all Aerosmith tracks.

Now, if someone has the Bill St. James spiels, let me know. I think that's all I am missing to complete the collection.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Actually, I can't help you with a playlist for this one. I have no desire whatsoever to get a recording or playlist for this loop. However, if I'm not mistaken, at one point (maybe currently), the loop was made up of all Aerosmith tracks.

Now, if someone has the Bill St. James spiels, let me know. I think that's all I am missing to complete the collection.
Last I went on it, the loop was made up of all Aerosmith tracks.

And same here on the Bill St. James spiels.

almandot

Last I went on it, the loop was made up of all Aerosmith tracks.

And same here on the Bill St. James spiels.
Is there a difference between the area music and queue music? The area music seemed to be a rock radio station and the queue music seemed to be all aerosmith but I can't say if I heard a non-aerosmith song in the area..

Horizons

Playlist Author
Is there a difference between the area music and queue music?
I couldn't tell you since I haven't actually been on the ride in about 8 years. I seem to recall hearing Dream On and a few other Aerosmith songs while waiting from my wife and daughter to get off the ride. Next time I'm at DHS, I'll check out what's playing.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
After re-reading the article, this is what I found:

This list is comprised of songs by bands that I?ve noticed on the Rock ?N? Roller Coaster attraction. Specifically, bands that appear on concert posters you will see in the ride queue. I wish I had the foresight to bring along paper and a pen as I could have captured them all, but alas I did not. So this playlist is composed of only the bands I can remember. I hear that Disney changes them out regularly, so a complete list may be impossible.

IndyandMarion

That listing is more than likely from when they had the Musak loop until it was removed, but is not complete as the original loop was over three hours long. When that happened, the "All Aero" track was put in its place. Which runs roughly an hour. Currently, this is the listing:

Livin' On The Edge
Other Side
Hole In My Soul
Same Old Song And Dance
Baby, Please Don't Go
Jaded
Dream On
Just Push Play
Ragdoll
Draw The Line
What It Takes
Pink
Deuces Are Wild
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

Song on the limos:
Dude Looks Like A Lady
Nine Lives
Walk This Way
Young Lust/FINE/Love In An Elevator (All one track, the "MegaMix of the ride")
Sweet Emotion

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Walk This Way
He said you ain't seen nothin' till you're down on a muffin
Then you're sure to be a changin' your ways
I met a cheerleader was a real young bleeder

Nothing says fun for the whole family like a song about a schoolboy losing his virginity to a sluttish cheerleader. Walt would be so proud. :wacko:

Young Lust/FINE/Love In An Elevator (All one track, the "MegaMix of the ride")
Love in an Elevator was changed to Love in a Roller Coaster for the ride. You've got 3 minutes and 12 seconds to make out, folks! ;)

almandot

Love in an Elevator was changed to Love in a Roller Coaster for the ride. You've got 3 minutes and 12 seconds to make out, folks! :wacko:
3 minutes 12 seconds? uh, that ride feels like it lasts about as long as 2 trips around gadget's go-coaster. While the darkness and extra loops are cool, I still like California Screamin' more just for the sheer duration of the ride. In its quest for cost-cutting measures while being built it still amazes me DCA made their coaster that long.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Love in an Elevator was changed to Love in a Roller Coaster for the ride. You've got 3 minutes and 12 seconds to make out, folks! B)
I believe the lyric "Love in an Elevator" is still used, but changed only once to "Love in a Roller Coaster" at the end of the track. Also, several of the tracks mix more than one song together and, in fact, Love in an Elevator is used in two of the on-ride mixes. Each mix is around 1:40.

There's another on-board track, What Kind of Love Are You On, which changes the lyric at the end to "What Kind of Ride Are You On." I'm not sure how often this track is used, as my notes indicate this track is "Reserved." All tracks have live crowd noise mixed in and some Steven Tyler banter at the beginning of the track, so it's easy to determine if you have a fake. I do know a set of fake tracks were circulating a few years back.

01 - Back in the Saddle - (Dude) Looks Like a Lady
02 - Love in an Elevator - Walk This Way
03 - Nine Lives
04 - Sweet Emotion
05 - Young Lust - FINE - Love in an Elevator

Walt would be so proud. :wacko:
"She's got the cracker jack now, All I wants the prize." Lyrics used in the on-board mix (Track 05). Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. ;)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Love in an Elevator was changed to Love in a Roller Coaster for the ride. You've got 3 minutes and 12 seconds to make out, folks! :wacko:
3 minutes 12 seconds? uh, that ride feels like it lasts about as long as 2 trips around gadget's go-coaster.
Each mix is around 1:40.
Just to be clear, I was referring to the length of the ride being 3:12, not the song. There are inconsistencies in the write-ups I have seen as to just how long the ride actually is. I believe the total start to stop cycle time for the ride is 3:12, but one report says the ride portion lasts 2:02 and another says it lasts only 1:22. I guess we need to put Horizons on there with a stopwatch.

More about the on-board soundtracks from Wikipedia:

Soundtrack

There are five speakers per seat, a total of 120 per limo. Aerosmith worked with Disney Imagineers to produce a special soundtrack for the roller coaster. The speakers on each car are located in the headrests. Each coaster train features different Aerosmith songs.
  • The songs heard to each ride contain some new lyrics written specifically for the attraction. (Love in an Elevator is sung as "Love in a roller coaster," for example.)
  • Songs heard on each car -Note: Updated Jan 2008 after 2007 refurbishment (Car license plate)
    • 1QKLIMO: "Nine Lives"
    • UGOGIRL: "Love in an Elevator" & "Walk This Way"
    • BUHBYE: "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E.*" & "Love in a Roller Coaster"
    • H8TRFFC: "Back in the Saddle" & "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
    • 2FAST4U: "Sweet Emotion"
Note: These songs may change due to maintenance or technical reasons. There is no guarantee that a particular track will be playing in the mentioned coaster train.

The ride formerly featured Uncle Joe Benson, a well-known Los Angeles, CA rock radio DJ, as the station's DJ. Currently, Bill Hart (known as Bill St. James), the host of ABC Radio's "Flashback!", provides the voice for the DJ of "LA's Classic Rock Station".

Full Article: Wikipedia

A Make-Out in 3mins and 12seconds, yikes!! But I wouldnt reccomend it, its a rollercoaster, so u might wind up with bloody noses, lips, and bumps and bruises, save this for It's A Small World, if u get tired of the annoying song, go for it:)!!!

Horizons

Playlist Author
There are inconsistencies in the write-ups I have seen as to just how long the ride actually is. I believe the total start to stop cycle time for the ride is 3:12, but one report says the ride portion lasts 2:02 and another says it lasts only 1:22. I guess we need to put Horizons on there with a stopwatch.
I have no idea how long the cycle time of the ride is, but I do know the on-board soundtracks are about 1:40 each (somewhat longer when you add the Bill St. James stuff at the beginning). I won't be riding this attraction, so feel free to report back to us what you find out. If I did ride it, I would make induction recordings of the Bill St. James dialog that I want. :wacko:

almandot

I have no idea how long the cycle time of the ride is, but I do know the on-board soundtracks are about 1:40 each (somewhat longer when you add the Bill St. James stuff at the beginning). I won't be riding this attraction, so feel free to report back to us what you find out. If I did ride it, I would make induction recordings of the Bill St. James dialog that I want. :wacko:
And I think I'd read that the license plate association thing is gone now and it's random which song you'll get?

IndyandMarion

Correct, the License Plate association thing isn't really useful anymore.

Also, the What Kind of Ride Are You On? Track hasn't been used in many years (At least four).

Club 33

Playlist Author
I quite like the ride, the Florida version especially- the Paris version has in my opinion a better actual ride experienced (coordinated light shows for each car instead of dayglow cutouts), but the pre-show is no where near as good.

I have no idea what the "What Kind of Ride Are You On?" track was used for. I have seen it referenced online as the "Power Failure" track- though I'm not sure how that would work exactly.

I have no idea what the "What Kind of Ride Are You On?" track was used for. I have seen it referenced online as the "Power Failure" track- though I'm not sure how that would work exactly.
I could do some research on the songs and see what I can get as far as feedback!! I do know 2 cm's that run the attraction!!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Well, you did! :wacko:

Right after I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, and before Livin' on the Edge, is One Way Street.

I can confirm that the same loop plays outside, and in the gift shop, in synch, but I wasn't interested in spending 45 minutes in Standby tonight, so I cannot say what is playing in the queue.

IndyandMarion

The original loop and the "All Aero" loops can be heard from the Courtyard, queue line (Both outside on the ramps and inside up to Studios C where the preshow is) and the gift shop.

Originally, when the "What Kind Of Ride Are You On" track was used, it was a backup in the event that the "regular" track on the vehicle didn't play for whatever reason. Now, if the "regular" track doesn't play for some reason you just listen to the sound of wind and screams.