Robin Hood Soundtrack

SharonKurland

I'm asking on behalf of a friend of mine, but he doesn't know it, since I'd like to do this for him for Christmas.

Has anyone ever seen a CD of the music from Robin Hood? It can even be from another country, as long as it was the original soundtrack, sung in English . My friend LOVED his LP soundtrack when he was growing up and, literally, wore the record out. He doesn't have a record player so finding the record wouldn't help...but would DIE if I could find him ANY copy of the music from Robin Hood on CD.

Any suggestions?

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

gurgi

Since I'm so grateful for you listing the CD-on-Demand titles that are now available at WDW, I have to send a reply to this one.

If you think "rare Disney soundtracks" don't think "The Black Cauldron"... think "Robin Hood". This one is REALLY rare !!! Years ago (meaning more than a decade or so) I held one in my hands in a record store in Belgium. It was imported from the U.K. ; released by Pickwick Records. But I put it back, since I wasn't into collecting Disney soundtracks at that time. Now, that I have a collection of over 600 Disney CD's, I could kill myself that I didn't buy it then, since I've never seen it again...

You might have wanted to see a different reply, but I'm afraid this is it.

So Randy ;) why don't you make Disney re-release it ?

Take care !
Bart

SharonKurland

Well damn . Thanks anyway Gurgi.

Heck, this is even the ONE TIME I'd be willing to "go over the line" and get my hands on a CD copy of an LP, just to see the smile on Rob's face....

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

While there is no soundtrack CD in the States, the Disneyland CD-on-Demand system does feature an LP reissue of Louis Prima singing the songs from Robin Hood.

Other than that, only Whistle Stop, Love and Ooh-de-Lally can be found on various CD compilations/box-sets domestically - most now out-of-print.

Anyone know if Not in Nottingham or Phony King of England have been on any CD comps?

SharonKurland

Thanks Merlinjones. Yeah, I saw the Louis Prima version on a list somewhere, but I don't think that'll hack it when he's trying to recapture his childhood. It's sorta like expecting a Pooh story to be narrated by Mr. French and getting Mr. von Trapp .

Sigh. I'll keep searching around...even for the record, at this point.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

Sharon I'm new here. I can see you are a vetren. I don't have the physical CD but I do have Whistle Stop, Not in Nottingham, Ooo-De-Lally, The Phony King of England, and Love.

Roger Miller is the guy who wrote the songs he also the guy who is the narrator rooster. If you want what I have I'd be glad to help you out. Sorry that's the best I can do. No hard copy.

Best wishes,
Kyler

SharonKurland

Thanks. I gave my friend the CD I made and he hasn't gotten back to me yet if that's the record he remembers from his childhood. If not, then it must've been the "story and song." But I'm still waiting to hear word from him.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

sds910

It's worth noting at this point that the "Robin Hood" LP features alternate takes of the songs, not the actual recordings used on the film's soundtrack (although they're mighty close).

Steve