Restaurantosaurus - Area Music

Horizons

Playlist Author
I recorded 35 minutes of the Restaurantosaurus loop last year and thought I had everything, since I heard the first track in my recording repeat. However, after sitting down with it this morning, I discovered the loop did not repeat. Here's the playlist based off the order in my recording.

01 - It's the End of the World As We Know It
02 - Grazing in the Grass
03 - Sweet Dinosaur of Mine
04 - They're All Gone
05 - If I Had a Dinosaur
06 - The Dinosaur Dance
07 - Walk the Dinosaur
08 - Ugga Bugga
09 - I'm A Little Dinosaur
10 - Watch Out

11 - It's the End of the World As We Know It
12 - The Dinosaur Dance :wacko:

Perhaps the loop repeats in a different sequence. In any event, it looks like I need a longer recording. Given the transitions between It's the End of the World and Grazing in the Grass, it doesn't sound like the loop is on shuffle.

Has anyone already done this exercise?

I love the "Ugga Bugga" song. I have not heard the loop in person yet (just streaming audio), but will seek it out on my next trip to WDW. Thanks for sharing this Horizons! :wacko:

Horizons

Playlist Author
I love the "Ugga Bugga" song. I have not heard the loop in person yet (just streaming audio), but will seek it out on my next trip to WDW. Thanks for sharing this Horizons! :wacko:
I hope to have a more detailed post soon, including where to find the correct versions of the songs used in the loop. I have the information based on what I already recorded, but I need to get a longer recording to determine the full loop.

I've got Bill Mumy's The Dinosaur Album: A Musical Adventure through the Jurassic Age on cassette. Unfortunately, it hasn't been released on CD. :(
I had a hard time finding the "Dinosaur Album" by Barnes and Barnes where this, and a few other tracks, come from. A kind member sent me rips which I assume were cassette based. However, I noticed that the album is now on iTunes, at a 256k bitrate. Not lossless, but better than the cassette rips.

almandot

I had a hard time finding the "Dinosaur Album" by Barnes and Barnes where this, and a few other tracks, come from. A kind member sent me rips which I assume were cassette based. However, I noticed that the album is now on iTunes, at a 256k bitrate. Not lossless, but better than the cassette rips.
Ouch all that searching and ebay scouring and then it's on itunes within the year

Horizons

Playlist Author
I purchased the downloads for the Dinosaur Album off iTunes this morning and they sound much better than the cassette rips. I had no reason to look on iTunes for this album, as it wasn't available when I first started looking for it in early 2008. However, thanks to the Genius function in iTunes, I saw it pop up a few weeks ago and made a note to investigate it when I started the playlist for Restaurantosaurus.

I noticed the album on iTunes about a month or so ago. I too had done several searches on ebay for the album, only to find that when it was on auction, it was usually pretty pricey. I put it in my "buy later" list and went on to purchaseing other CD's instead. I had the same thing happen with some older CD's of some pop music I wanted. Almost bought the CD the other day at Circuit City because they are going out of business and everything was on sale. I only wanted one song off of the CD. I came home and did a search and sure enough, it was on Amazon. I couldn't find it on a MP3 site last year.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I noticed the album on iTunes about a month or so ago. I too had done several searches on ebay for the album, only to find that when it was on auction, it was usually pretty pricey. I put it in my "buy later" list and went on to purchaseing other CD's instead. I had the same thing happen with some older CD's of some pop music I wanted. Almost bought the CD the other day at Circuit City because they are going out of business and everything was on sale. I only wanted one song off of the CD. I came home and did a search and sure enough, it was on Amazon. I couldn't find it on a MP3 site last year.
The only issue with iTunes is that the music is not in a lossless format and there are a few members, one in particular, that seem to be a freak when it comes to non-lossless material. :wacko:

I look at it this way. Sure, I would love to have lossless. Sure, I would love to have every track just like it is in the park, edited versions, instrumental versions versus vocal versions, etc. I am an early collector and I don't live so close to the parks. I take what I can get and appreciate it to the fullest. Now, if I had the chance to get a lossless version, I would probably jump at it, as long as it didn't break the bank at the time.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The only issue with iTunes is that the music is not in a lossless format and there are a few members, one in particular, that seem to be a freak when it comes to non-lossless material. :(
Says the guy who doesn't even own a stereo system! Put a pair of Martin Logans in your family room and then get back to me about your lossy MP3s. Oh, and let me know if your wife delivers any "You've got to choose between me and those speakers!" ultimatums. :wacko:

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Having a very cheap stereo system and also being slightly hard of hearing DOES have it's advantages :wacko:

Horizons

Playlist Author
Says the guy who doesn't even own a stereo system! Put a pair of Martin Logans in your family room and then get back to me about your lossy MP3s. Oh, and let me know if your wife delivers any "You've got to choose between me and those speakers!" ultimatums. :wacko:
I upgraded to the Bose Campanion 5 system. I'll stick with this setup for a while, and my 320k .mp3 recordings. :(

Club 33

Playlist Author
Lossless, heh...

I may have at one point put some 24bit WAV recordings of mine on my iPod, and it may have crashed when i tried to play them...

Club 33

Playlist Author
No no, these were my own recordings from my Edirol. Whenever I think of lossless now that comes to mind.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I spent some time at Restaurantosaurus today. I think this is the complete loop, although Track 01 in the loop may start somewhere else. I'll have to see if there is one pause longer than the others between the songs. I found it strange that, starting with Track 11, the loop didn't repeat the 10 songs used in 01 - 10, just in a different sequence.

01 - It's the End of the World As We Know It
02 - Grazing in the Grass
03 - Sweet Dinosaur of Mine
04 - They're All Gone
05 - If I Had a Dinosaur
06 - The Dinosaur Dance
07 - Walk the Dinosaur
08 - Ugga Bugga
09 - I'm A Little Dinosaur
10 - Watch Out

11 - It's the End of the World As We Know It
12 - The Dinosaur Dance
13 - Walk the Dinosaur
14 - Ugga Bugga
15 - I'm A Little Dinosaur
16 - Watch Out

- Repeat as above

almandot

Go climb up the bathrooms by expedition everest to that shack up there where the people in the restaurant are talking about a movie based on the plot of expedition everest