release date?

forgive my ignorance...
I am STOKED about this set!
If I read it correctly, this set of 5000 (with the vinyl) will be available here at WDW. The onyl date I was able to notice was "order by April 25th"...

when can I go to WDW and just buy it in person?
May 5th? HELP!

Again, sorry to seem ignorant!
Thanks!
*Tommy

DSCN0057aSM.JPG

Dirk

hmmm ... that is interesting news. I thought the 6 CD set with the golden LP was to be released in Anaheim only. Also if it says "order by April 25th" this would mean one has to place the order not later than that day ... I guess we better all contact DelivEars if we want to make sure we get a copy! This is all getting very confusing - why can't the responsible merchandise management not just announce where the set will be released and how to order it?? I am getting really annoyed in the meantime by this bad communication!

Oh and: great photo!

Yours
Dirk

this the release breakdown?

so this is my understanding...

DL 6 CD set + gold vinyl ?A Musical History of Disneyland?
Mon April 25th - phone/mail orders (DisneyDirect)
Tues May 3rd - avail on shelves at DL and WDW

DL 6 CD set ?A Musical History of Disneyland? (no vinyl)

WDW 2 disc "The Official album of the Walt Disney World Resort: The Happiest Celebration On Earth"
Tues May 3rd - avail on shelves at DL(?) and WDW

Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth
Tues May 3rd - avail anywhere music is sold

---------------
yes? am I right? feel free to make any corrections!!
*Tommy

Gurgitoy2

Hey, Tommy,

I think it's more like this:

DL 6 CD set + gold vinyl "A Musical History of Disneyland"

DL 6 CD set "A Musical History of Disneyland" (no vinyl)
Availible nationwide in September 2005

DL 2 CD set "The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort - Happiest Homecoming on Earth"

"Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth"
Tues May 3rd - avail anywhere music is sold

WDW 2 disc "The Official album of the Walt Disney World Resort: The Happiest Celebration On Earth"
Release date unkown, but expected sometime in 2005

Gurgitoy2

>>Notice that the 6 Disc Set (National Release) is scheduled for November (not September). I don't recall seeing any posting changing the release date to September (although I might have missed it), so this would make an excellent Christmas gift!!>After a brief window of exclusivity (until September 2005) the boxed set (minus the vinyl) will be available Nationally. Suggested retail is $125 (with and without the vinyl). I believe this price to be an incredible bargain!!!

ArnyVee

I am WAY happy that it can be pre-ordered online. As long as the 'eBay hogs' don't attack, all of the serious Disneyland fans will get ahold of them.

susjjan

I am new here. I just called Disney direct to see if I could order it in advance. The person I spoke with said she had no information on the product and had received several calls about it the past few days. I guess we will have to try close to April 25?

tigger248

So, how early in the day on the 25th do you think I should order if I want the set? I have class that morning until 10:00 EST, meaning about 10:30 will be the earliest I will have access to a computer to order it? Does anyone have any idea how fast the LE set is expected to sell? I really want the one with the vinyl. I had been planning to wait a bit until I'd saved some money, but changed my mind when I realized that only the first 5000 get the vinyl. Any info would be appreciated.

ispace

Are you guys serious? I think you may be overreacting if you think it will sell out by the morning it opens for mail orders! Chill out people....

B.

Howdy folks,

When Mr. Thornton says it'll be available nationally in September, does he mean that it will be available for purchase at any of the disney stores around the nation? (What I'm trying to figure out is if I can purchase this item without having to pay for shipping, or if I will have to pay for shipping anyway, and therefore might as well order the special edition from DisneyDirect.)

Thanks a bunch,
Brian

Howdy folks,

I just found this at http://www.savedisney.com/consumer/disneyl...cal_history.asp. Hope it helps.

Brian

We asked Randy a few more details about the Disneyland CD releases:

Will the 2-disc set be a National release or park exclusive?

The 2 Disc set is only available at Disneyland. The Single Disc is a National Release and I tried to keep as much historic material as possible. The only big missing element on the single disc is "Remember, Dreams Come True" Fireworks Spectacular and the DCA material. However, those that want the 2 Disc and can't get to the park can order it through Disneyland DelivEARs.

Disney Direct will not be taking orders until 4/25, right?

I'm pretty sure on that, but not positive.

What is the actual street date for all 4 versions?

The 'official' date is May 3rd. I know the National Single Disc will be out then (as most new CDs are released on Tuesdays), but whether Disneyland (or WDW for that matter) puts it out on the 3rd is still a question. Though it should be out on the 3rd, with Disneyland closed on the 4th, Disneyland may opt to put it out on the shelves for the big day of the 5th.

Sans-vinyl version will be available in the park as soon as limited edition runs out?

Yes. And in September, the set (sans vinyl) will be available Nationwide as well.

What is the price of the boxed set with and without the vinyl?

Suggested Retail Price is $125 with or without the vinyl. Same Price for both.

Dirk

The big question with ordering the limited 6-CD set with vinyl is: who is getting how many??

As far as I understand there will be four piles of these sets:

1. internal (I am pretty sure some of the 5,000 will be directed straight to internal use)
2. DL stores
3. DelivEars
4. DisneyDirect

Depending on how many which of the four groups receives DisneyDirect may be out of stock in minutes if we all order through them or it may take them longer.

As a fan living in Germany an important question for me is also: if I order the limited set online does this make sure I get a copy if there is still one available at the time of filling the order online, or are they assigned to orders only later with online orders running the risk that phone orders might be assigned the stock immediately?

Any help would be appreciated as I try to figure out how to make sure to get a copy.

Yours
Dirk