Randy: Lady and the Tramp on Blu-ray

Hi Randy!

Much like the question I asked here previously about the missing lines of dialogue on the Blu-ray release of Pinocchio (which the Disney Company--to their credit--instituted a replacement program for), I have a question about the recent Blu-ray release of Lady and the Tramp.

In both of the English tracks on the disc (the 7.1 and 3.0 tracks) the chorale ending of Bella Notte is without any music accompaniment--solely acapella. However, on the French and Spanish language tracks the orchestral bed is still located underneat the chorus.

I ulled out my version of your classic 1997 release of the restored Lady and the Tramp soundtrack and the orchestral bed under the chorus is quite pronounced.

Any thoughts on what might have happened in the production of the Blu-ray disc?

The music still sounds beautiful, but it does seem strange to have the chorus singing unaccompanied.

RobertKilbride

Hey, Mike remember me? I referred you to Home Theater Forum years ago. I was actually gonna post the same question to Randy. I actually discussed this with him 13 years ago. On the soundtrack he produced, the orchestra is there and he claimed that he had documentation indicating it should be in the movie. I called Disney about it and they claimed that the version without the chorus was the "corrected version" of the film. And the orchestra has been absent on the 50th Anniversary and now the Diamond edition. I tend to believe Randy is right, but it seems for better or worse, Disney is sticking with this version,

Hey Robert!

How cool of you to resond to this thread!

Here's what I remember...

"Magical Music" was my first-ever internet forum and what I still consider my original "home." I then clearly remember being referred to the HTF in connection with a particular topic (a review of my first-ever HTF posts indicate it was about the '01 Snow White DVD release). Too many software updates here to go back that far, I guess.

Are you an HTF member? And why does your profile only show 5 posts next to your name? Software glitch? You were very active here, no?

Anyway, here's the impact you made! I ended up becoming quite an active member at the Home Theater Forum (23k+ posts!) and was even appointed a moderator a couple of years ago. So while the HTF is where I spend most of my time these days...my heart will always belong here at Trent's site with a topic that will always be near and dear to my heart...Disney music! :D

Okay. I think I've figured things out now (well, some of them anyway...).

I KNEW you were an HTF member...your name is as familiar to me as can be. But, couldn't find your user ID. Well I found it now. Member since 3-13-01 and 662 posts. But I also KNOW you were more active here, too.

RobertKilbride

Yeah, at some point I forgot my old login information or maybe my account was deactivated due to inactivity, so I logged in through Facebook and have had my account activated in that way. I'm kinda proud that I referred you there because you've become the caretaker of the Weekly Roundup which I check every week usually right after midnight when you post it. I hope Randy will chime in about this issue as it has been going on for 13 years now. I tired to pull up the original thread in the archives but I'm guessing that goes back farther than the archives do.

I hope Randy will chime in about this issue as it has been going on for 13 years now.

I tried to pull up the original thread in the archives but I'm guessing that goes back farther than the archives do.

It seems like Randy hasn't been too active himself here lately...but here's hoping he weighs in with some information. He has never let us down in the past.

And I think you are right about the "Magic Music" archives. It looks like they only go back to early 2002. You and I, obviously go back a lot further than that! :p

I feel really dumb that I even asked about you being an HTF member. It's just that I got over here and saw your name and got confused a bit. The only way I could confirm that the subject of your referral was the Snow White DVD was that I was able to pull up my first post over at the HTF! And that's a lot more posts than here! :lol: