Random thoughts of Music from Tokyo Disneyland/Sea

Just finished a 3 day visit to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, and while I can still remember some details I will try to write them down. My first interesting experience was when the train from Tokyo stopped at Miahama station at TDLR. All the train stops have different melodies that chime when the doors open. At the stop for Tokyo Disney it plays "Zip A Dee Do Dah". Cute! While walking to the Hilton to meet some friends from Australia I heard Jack Wagner doing an announcement in the parking lot. We walked around the Disneyland Hotel which is very impressive! I recall the music sounding like Club33 style.

Because of the Typhoon, we missed going during Halloween, but arrived just when the park was starting Christmas. The World Bazaar (think Main Street covered) was filled with Christmas melodies and I could not help but whistle and sing along. I am sure many were thinking "crazy american" :rolleyes: but I already stood out, being 6'4". I really liked how the genre changed with each section of the park as you strolled along. HM had Jack Skellington overlay with songs in Japenese which I really enjoyed. Likewise, Small World had the Christmas songs interwoven. The main difference there from the US parks was "It's a Small World" was in Japanese, but the Christmas music was english. CBJ also had the Christmas show which I really enjoyed.

The only thing music wise that was unique in TDL were the parades. "Dreamlights" was fantastic! Nice mixure of MSEP and other disney melodies. My favorite though was "White Holiday Parade". Nice upbeat score, good choreography and excellent floats. I love how they put a decided pause between saying "Happy...Holidays" and "Merry...Christmas". Anybody know who wrote the music for this parade?

Tokyo Disney Sea far exceeded my expectations (which were high already). Such a unique Disney park!! The detail work is outstanding! Mysterious Island is an Imagineering masterpiece in my mind. The music experience walking through all the sections of TDS was so good to my ears. Some places had familiar tunes which I felt fit in and made feel at home, such as Cape Cod with tunes from 20,000 Leagues BGM and Mermaid Lagoon playing Little Mermaid songs. Many places had BGM that I could not readily identify, mostly when we stopped to eat. Italian music in Cafe Portofino. Middle East music in Casbah Food Court (great curry plate :lol:). BraviSEAmo is not to be missed! Wonderful score and great effects! We found a spot in the turrents of Magellan's overlooking the harbor (which is massive)The sound system just amazes me.

Another show I really enjoyed was the "Big Band Beat" Christmas in the Broadway Music Theater (think Hyperian in DCA) Live Jazz band with singers and characters. Mickey actually played the drums and tap danced. Whoever wore the outfits for that show earned thier pay. Songs in the American waterfont were mostly standards from the 20s-40s.

Off the subject, when we were in the queque for TOT, I was reading the story of Harrison Hightower and looking at his pictures. I said to my friend, That looks like Joe Rohde, the Imagineer :huh:. I confirmed it today on wikipedia. I bet he had fun with that.

Ok, I am tired, it is 9:30pm here in Japan and work comes early. Besides, I am not a good writer and a worse typist. Musically, TDS is a cornicopia of Disney BGM. And I had a feast.

almandot

I dunno who wrote it but the main song was from their '08 castle show Mickey's Jolly Snowtime, and then was adapted last year to this parade version of it.

But the real reason I'm posting is to say you were just there and should've bought the cd and had your answer in the cd notes ;PPPP

I dunno who wrote it but the main song was from their '08 castle show Mickey's Jolly Snowtime, and then was adapted last year to this parade version of it.

But the real reason I'm posting is to say you were just there and should've bought the cd and had your answer in the cd notes ;PPPP

Unfortunately I had limted resources on this trip and also had to buy gifts at the park. With the dollar taking a pounding in the exchange rates, I could not justify paying almost $30 for a CD with only a couple songs on it.

I did manage to find some used TDL CDs in a local shop here for good prices, so I did not come away empty handed :)