POTC Post Refurb Audio

craig machine

Does anyone have the audio from the WDW version of Pirates of the caribbean in the scene just after Davy Jones but before the drop. It's a soft instrumental version of Yo Ho (A Pirate's life for me).

Any help appreciated

Thanks

X-S Tech

Not sure how much help this will be to you Craig, but i've only heard the Disneyland version discussed. I believe though that the scene you are mentioning corresponds to the first Cave scenes in Disneyland, right after the waterfalls, where there's also a slow slightly ethereal version of Yo Ho playing. I think it was mentioned that it's similar to the underscore that the young Elizabeth sings to (sans words of course) in the first film, but I don't know if that's been confirmed. You might want to check the forum for posts around the time of the enhancements (May 2006?). Good luck!

This is a question I've had for a long time now, and no, there are no threads on this board that directly address it. In fact, for a group of folks so interested in eclectic and rare park music, not a lot of posters seem very interested in this audio- at least it seems that way. I would love to get my hands on that particular audio, but with so little interest in it here, I doubt it will show up on the scene any time soon.

The ethereal version of Yo Ho is similar to the underscore X-S Tech mentioned- at least instrumentation-wise. It can be found in the "Fog Bound" track on the soundtrack of the first film, around the 00:45 mark.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have seen it requested several times on other Disney sites, but I have never found anyone that has it (or at least admit to having it).

almandot

The content is not confirmed but the pirates cd release is confirmed for July 25th, 2007.

Does anyone know when the american OA's came out last year? I'm looking forward to Tokyo's release but I slightly wonder if a disneyland OA would be coming out with the new music at around the same time too.

Gurgitoy2

That's been the trend in the last few years for the US Official Albums. October or November releases. So, TDL's Pirates CD will be out several months before those, so it's worth getting. The buzz on the TDL CD, is that it will be the newly refurbished version with Jack Sparrow. I don't know if they will also include the old version or not, but this being Tokyo...I doubt it. They waste so much CD space most of the time...

almandot

Umm the Moving On cd was 40 minutes long with duplicate loops for units to distinguish things like woody and clarabelle/horace's dialogue and donald and lilo/stitch's dialogue.... and the dreamlights cd with the main mix and the mostly instrumental mix... they don't waste space they just are typically true to what you see in the parade heh. If there was a float unit that included a crazy monkey playing an offbeat drum with no background music, I have little doubt in my mind that they'd include the entire loop of it ;). i mean i'm pretty sure they only reason we got a strictly music loop of last year's halloween parade without any character dialogue is because the opening float with the 3 ghost fairies used it.

Gurgitoy2

I'm not complaining about the parade tracks, because those are usually great. They include everything for the most part, including show stops.

The thing I get annoyed with sometimes, is that they release a CD with 30 minutes on it. There are times when they could include older parade tracks, or something related to the release. Or, sell them at a much cheaper price. There are 80 minutes to fill, but they sometimes don't even do half of that.

Still, I'm happy that they release as much as they do, and I still have to collect it all.

almandot

well more music would increase the price of that cd... the current prices reflect what's on there. I'm happy with them releasing tons of smaller cd releases because it avoids what we go through at disneyland waiting for 1 compilation cd that they have to make cuts on and so not everything gets out there.

and i mean.. tokyo's really been good to us :p not something worth complaining at in my opinion heh.

MightyTriton

Wow! Getting a hold onto some of the new music would be great. I was there for the Nemo opening and rode pirates several times, noting the changes in audio. The soft version of yo ho was very nice and was a nice addition to an area that didn't have any music previously. The scare me music was still in place which made me smile since I was concerned about it's removal. I noticed the harpisord now plays with the music instead of against it, throwing in a yo ho riff here and there. The addition of the movie music in the battle scene was cool too. What surprised me was hearing Davy Jones as the boats pull up the ramp past Jack Sparrow. I had not read about that anywhere and during a Bootstrappers set, they made reference to Davy Jones' comments. I was surprised to hear all of the new vocal audio. Sounds like it is time for a new Pirates of the Carribean CD to be released at Disneyland. Lots of folks would like to hear that stuff.

Triton

Yoshi

Just note that the title of TDL ?Pirates of the Caribbean? CD released on July 25 was changed to: ?Pirates of the Caribbean Special 2007-Attraction & Entertainment- ?. The CD includes both the new version of attraction and new entertainment (Maybe Wet & Wild Pirates Nights held July 20 through August 31, 2007). I have not updated my site (resortathome.com) yet. But I will do early this week.

Yoshi

Gurgitoy2

Just note that the title of TDL ?Pirates of the Caribbean? CD released on July 25 was changed to: ?Pirates of the Caribbean Special 2007-Attraction & Entertainment- ?. The CD includes both the new version of attraction and new entertainment (Maybe Wet & Wild Pirates Nights held July 20 through August 31, 2007). I have not updated my site (resortathome.com) yet. But I will do early this week.

Yoshi

Yoshi, I just want to thank you for your site, resortathome.com. It's where I go to find out all the latest CD release info from TDR. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it, it's definately appreciated by me!!

almandot

Which version does tokyo's pirates ride resemble the most... disneyland or wdw's? (hoping disneyland's heh. though i can always edit a disneyland regardless if all the new stuff's on the cd)