Resource icon

Playlist Pop Century Resort [2010]

Hi folks,
Does anyone have track listings for the Pop Century soundtrack? I'm thinking about the mix they play on the bus loop, which includes the disco Star Wars song, as well as the regular-season music that is played in Classic Hall. I've also heard they have a Halloween loop...

Thanks to the magic of Google, I've found one listing of 12 songs, but it doesn't seem to be complete.

Thanks in advance!
-TFB

Pop Century is on my "To Do" list. This one will be ridiculously easy. It's just a matter of finding the time.

Thanks, Jay! Ridiculously easy sounds good these days :D

In case it is a useful starting point, here is the thread from the disboards that lists the most tracks I could find mentioned online:

Anyone wanna help me come up with music? Updated Post #31 - still need help!

-TFB

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
here is the thread from the disboards that lists the most tracks I could find mentioned online

Thanks, but I'll be starting from scratch. I'll see if I can get over there sometime in the next day or two. Watch the 'Value Resort Hotels' section for a complete playlist. All eleventy-seven hours worth! :cool:

As "payment," all I ask is that you go back to DISboards and tell them that Magic Music is where everyone should go to get all of their Disney Parks music questions answered. :D

As "payment," all I ask is that you go back to DISboards and tell them that Magic Music is where everyone should go to get all of their Disney Parks music questions answered. :D

:cool: Where else would anybody get their Disney Parks music questions answered??

I am actually not on the DISboards that often but I'd be happy to oblige. The other boards out there dedicated to this topic don't seem to be current and/or complete...I hope Disney appreciates the free archiving work you're doing for them!! (Seriously, are you going to sit and listen to eleventy-seven hours of Pop Century yourself!?)

The tip on the Halloween Pop loop came from a friend. I've not verified myself, but it sounds like fun!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Seriously, are you going to sit and listen to eleventy-seven hours of Pop Century yourself!?

Yup. I will have to sit there and listen to eleventy-seven hours. :confused:

I have already done some research at Pop Century. The same songs play at the entrance and lobby (aka Classic Hall), and around the pool, except that the pool area plays in a different order.

I'm working on the theory that one or both zones could be on shuffle play, that they each have the same set of CDs, and that the CDs may be divided by decade (i.e, Disc 1 = 1950s, Disc 2 = 1960s, Disc 3 = 1970s).

I'll have all of the answers in the next several days.

The only thing that may hold me back is that my second round of oral surgery is tomorrow morning, and there is no telling how long it will take me to recover. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as the first round was. :eek:

Yup. I will have to sit there and listen to eleventy-seven hours. :confused:

I have already done some research at Pop Century. The same songs play at the entrance and lobby (aka Classic Hall), and around the pool, except that the pool area plays in a different order.

I'm working on the theory that one or both zones could be on shuffle play, that they each have the same set of CDs, and that the CDs may be divided by decade (i.e, Disc 1 = 1950s, Disc 2 = 1960s, Disc 3 = 1970s).

I'll have all of the answers in the next several days.

The only thing that may hold me back is that my second round of oral surgery is tomorrow morning, and there is no telling how long it will take me to recover. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as the first round was. :eek:

Oh, I just did the oral surgery thing last Friday. It was ok after the anesthetic part. (I'm allergic to dental anesthetic, apparently.) Good luck!

Oh, and as regards the zones, I've heard that they play different music around the pools and the decades than they do at Classic Hall, i.e., there is a 70s loop, etc. I can't remember this from when I was last there, though. Since the pools are all in different decades, I'm wondering if each pool has its own loop. And of course, there is the bus loop. I wonder if their Guest Services will give you a playlist of their normal and/or Halloween loops...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The bus stop and entrance area loop is exactly the same as what is playing inside Classic Hall. So is the main pool, but like I said, it is in a different order out there.

As for asking someone at the hotel, they are almost always clueless, and any lists they hand out may have had some value ten years ago, but are worthless today.

In another topic that was posted last night, and that has now been removed at the request of the original author, some screwball replied to say that all of this stuff is "public knowledge." Yeah, right, if it's public knowledge, why do you have to come swipe it from us?

If you think it's so damn easy, you spend 10 years figuring out the Animal Kingdom Lodge loop(s), and another 15 years working on the Polynesian Resort. And, instead of me working on this Pop Century loop, why don't you take a crack at it?! When you people start doing some of your own work, instead of stealing from others, we'll talk.

Whoooooaaakay, I feel like I inadvertently stepped into some kind of political minefield here...hope I didn't say anything to offend. I do know that there are other sites that have track listings...are you saying that people there posted what you figured out without proper credit? That's obviously not cool. I don't know much about the other sites I linked, but just provided 'em in case they added any helpful information so that no one has to reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.

And pardon my ignorance...I knew there were "official" info sheets about the music but I don't know how often they're updated or how accurate they are. I guess you all probably know more about these topics than I do. I'll be listening more closely on my next trip, which at the earliest won't be till the Fall...

Horizons

Playlist Author
Whoooooaaakay, I feel like I inadvertently stepped into some kind of political minefield here...hope I didn't say anything to offend.

Nope, you didn't offend anyone.
I do know that there are other sites that have track listings...are you saying that people there posted what you figured out without credit?

Yes.
And pardon my ignorance...I knew there were "official" info sheets about the music but I don't know how often they're updated or how accurate they are. I guess you all probably know more about these topics than I do. I'll be listening more closely on my next trip, which at the earliest won't be till the Fall...

I don't think the lists are updated at all. For example, the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge are both passing out the original lists from when the resorts opened. Both have been out of date for a number of years.

Casamir67

If I may add a quick 2 cents. I have tried a little bit on Pop Century's list (a relatively easy first loop to figure out :)). As far as I experienced, the loop was not on a shuffle, since the same songs played in the same order at the same times of day (i.e. the hour or so during breakfast, meals, etc). Also, the loop has changed between last year (November) and this year (May). I'm not sure how long the full loop is, I just have blocks of an hour or so each (hey, I want to enjoy the parks a little bit too when I go down for a vacation), but fairly sure it's longer than 4 hours.

Also, just want to say thanks to Jay, Horizons, Club 33, and everyone else who works so hard on sleuthing these loops out. My CD collection has greatly increased with your help. :D

Thanks for the clarifications, guys...and also to the people who have figured out these loops so far. I'd love to figure out how I can contribute to the effort...I don't live near a park and I don't know if I'll be renewing my AP this year, but I do sometimes go to conferences and such at WDW and I'd love to help somehow. I was suggesting backchannel to someone maybe there is a way to delegate work or let people know what needs to be done...maybe some people can help to identify songs from afar, or something. As I say, I'm fairly new to this part of the World, but I love the music loops and think this is a fantastic project that is obviously a lot of work! Many hands make light work, as they say...

Thanks!!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Premium Members will get to see the Pop Century playlist as I'm working on it... two hours are already sitting in Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom right now. Once finished, I will move it to the 'Playlists' section for all to see.

Off for more pain meds and sleep... :sleep:

Horizons

Playlist Author
two hours are already sitting in Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom right now.

Explain this language buddy! I see nothing "already sitting" there.

Horizons

Playlist Author
:eek:

WOW! You found one of the few loops on property I won't be reconstructing. This reminds me of the pool loop at the Yacht & Beach Club. I crossed that off my to do list a few years ago.

Are all of the value resorts similar in musical selection?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
WOW! You found one of the few loops on property I won't be reconstructing. This reminds me of the pool loop at the Yacht & Beach Club. I crossed that off my to do list a few years ago.

Are all of the value resorts similar in musical selection?

Well, at least a reconstruction (so far) would be cheap. I have most of those in the loft on vinyl from when they first came out :cool:
I doubt I'll be searching for the one's I haven't got though.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
As the resort is based on pop culture from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s, what did you think they were going to play? 50 years of Bluegrass?

This is only the beginning. Lots, lots, lots more. Lots. More.