Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends

Horizons

Playlist Author
So this is a complete long shot, but has anyone ever tried to determine the playlist of songs used before the Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends show started?

I have four ALD recordings of the show which includes, in various stages of a full recording, four different songs. In addition, once the show starts, but prior to the start of the main show, two songs used from the Pocahontas OST were heard, Steady as the Beating Drum and The Warriors Arrive. However, these two were not used all of the time, as I have two recordings where one of the four songs is used in this segment of the show.

The four songs sound like they are from the same artist, but I've never had any success in identifying these (they remind me of the Conservation Station BGM tracks). In fact, I hung around after one of the shows and spoke to the sound guy until the next show started. He was kind enough to play a few selections for me, but he didn't have any specific information other than to say there were two loops to choose from and the technician had the ability to choose which one he or she wanted to play.

If anyone remembers when Pocahontas closed, you'll see how far behind I am in my projects. :cd:

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The four songs sound like they are from the same artist, but I've never had any success in identifying these (they remind me of the Conservation Station BGM tracks).
I'm guessing this is one of the tracks you're looking for:

Originally released on August 5, 1997:

[floatleft]
51EJ9QP7F0L._SL500_AA75_.jpg
[/floatleft] Spirit Within 5:11
by Primal Instinct
on Heart of the Rainforest
:cd: CD | :cd: [itunes='http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/spirit-within/id204712092?i=204712388&']iTunes[/itunes] | :cd: MP3

When did Pocahontas, who grew up in what is now Virginia, move to the Andes rainforest? :cd:

I grew up and live in VA. I don't think the Dismal Swamp here counts as anything near the Andes Rainforest. :cd: That is about as close as she might have gotten!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm guessing this is one of the tracks you're looking for:

Originally released on August 5, 1997:

[floatleft]
51EJ9QP7F0L._SL500_AA75_.jpg
[/floatleft] Spirit Within 5:11
by Primal Instinct
on Heart of the Rainforest
:cd: CD | :cd: [itunes='http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/spirit-within/id204712092?i=204712388&']iTunes[/itunes] | :cd: MP3
All four tracks are on this CD. Thanks for the ID. I really like Spirit Within and tried to find it a few times over the years.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Thanks to you and Jay for identifying this music. What other three tracks on this CD were used at the show?
Silent Warrior, Prayer for Rain (about 1m only), and Sacred Chant. On a few trips, Sacred Chant was used as the exit music, rather than Wishes of Happiness & Prosperity which was normally played (at least when there was exit music playing).