Park locations for non-Disney artists

micca

When I listen to Disney stations on Live 365 I hear (and capture ;)) music that is not original Disney music, but music from various artists that is played in the WDW parks. Some are obvious like Off Kilter and the ragtime music, but what about stuff like "Bubble Shuffle" or an artist called Arkenstone? I want to know which park a selection is from, and what attraction or part of the park it can be heard. TIA!

Jessica L

Bubble Shuffle was part of the old loop in Tomorrowland. I have the artist's name somewhere, but I'm sure someone can post it before I could find it again.

David Arkenstone is the artist behind my favorite non-Disney park song - Papillon. It plays in Innoventions Plaza, and was the inspiration for the rest of the loop.

If you need any more help - you can always ask or do a quick search on the boards and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!

Hope this helps!
Jessica

micca

Thanks Jessica! I guess I could pose my questions to the knowledgeable group here, but thought there might be a reference source. I downloaded a loop a couple of years ago that featured Papillion on it and wondered if the other titles were really WDW related. Also I could swear I heard Bubble Shuffle on the train at the Toontown station(may have been bound for T-land at the time.

Thanks again :)

Jessica L

Well, I'm glad I could help with the first two questions - but I'm not quite sure what general information you are looking for. Are you looking for a list of all the non-Disney music that plays at the parks - or more of a background music listing?

Jessica

micca

Hi again Jessica. I think my answer is "both". I'm a vet of a couple of dozen trips to WDW, so I'm pretty familiar with the basic attraction music. When I encounter music on Live365 or other internet sources with titles, I'm not always sure where in the parks the music plays.
I have probably heard it when I'm in the parks, but don't recall where. Thanks so much for the help thus far.
I'll be posting more titles to tie to locations in the future.

Fr_Oblivious

In case you didn't get it, Bubble Shuffle is a Larry Carlton tune, part of the Tomorrowland loop that was replaced the last day I was there (July 12).
David Arkenstone's Papillon is the only "needle-drop" track currently playing at EPCOT Innoventions Plaza. The rest was composed and performed by Russell Brower, who might disagree about the inspiration for the loop ;)

micca

So Bubble Shuffle is gone from WDW??? The Japanese site is cool, but it doesn't specify which titles play at which attractions in a particular park. ??? ??? ???

xfkirsten

I'm still chugging away on a park music (Disney and non-Disney alike) loop website... I'm trying to get at least a fair chunk of it done before I upload it all. But I'm hoping I can get at least some of it up soon. In the meantime, if there's any in particular you're looking for, I can check for them for you.

-Kirsten