CD   MP3 

03. Oh, You Beautiful Doll 2:17
Ian Whitcomb & The White Star Orchestra
Titanic: Music as Heard on the Fateful Voyage
 CD   MP3 
Read more about this playlist...

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Besides Paradise Park, does this play throughout Paradise Pier and over by Toy Story Midway Mania and the Boardwalk Games?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Besides Paradise Park, does this play throughout Paradise Pier and over by Toy Story Midway Mania and the Boardwalk Games?
No. As I said in the listing, it just plays from Paradise Park down to the Silly Symphony Swings, and everywhere in between. From the Maliboomer all the way around to Ariel's Grotto, including on the bridge to Paradise Pier, the original Paradise Park loop is still playing. In the TSMM queue as well as within the Boardwalk games the TSMM/Pixar Place BGM plays, however the general area speakers out on the boardwalk play the Paradise Pier loop.

Most likely as more of Paradise Pier is redone (the shops/Burger Invasion/etc) the loop will spread and eventually completely replace the Paradise Pier loop- I guess at that point we'll just have to start calling it the Paradise Pier loop. For the moment, however, the land remains divided between old and new both in architecture and music.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Most likely as more of Paradise Pier is redone (the shops/Burger Invasion/etc) the loop will spread and eventually completely replace the Paradise Pier loop- I guess at that point we'll just have to start calling it the Paradise Pier loop. For the moment, however, the land remains divided between old and new both in architecture and music.
Oddly enough, today King Triton's Carousel received new organ music and the Paradise Park BGM now plays throughout Paradise Pier, according to Twitter and a poster over on MiceChat.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Oddly enough, today King Triton's Carousel received new organ music and the Paradise Park BGM now plays throughout Paradise Pier, according to Twitter and a poster over on MiceChat.
Interesting! I was down there all day but never ventured into that area so I didn't notice. I'll have to check it out next time, especially the new KTC music.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Today I did indeed confirm that the loop has now spread all the way around Paradise Pier, replacing the old loop entirely. Thus we can now call this loop "Paradise Pier Area Music [2010]".

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I posted incorrect news previously. Before, I said the Paradise Park music is now playing throughout Paradise Pier, according to MiceChat. However, from Ariel's Grotto to Boardwalk Games (on the California Screamin' side) is playing a new loop in the style of the Paradise Park loop, but faster-paced.

Club 33

Playlist Author
I posted incorrect news previously. Before, I said the Paradise Park music is now playing throughout Paradise Pier, according to MiceChat. However, from Ariel's Grotto to Boardwalk Games (on the California Screamin' side) is playing a new loop in the style of the Paradise Park loop, but faster-paced.
Hmmm. Just keeps getting more and more interesting. I'll have to check it out...

Club 33

Playlist Author
MiceChat is now reporting that indeed, a second loop is now playing at Paradise Pier. It is evidently of a similar style to the Paradise Park loop, but with a faster tempo. This new loop has replaced the old Paradise Pier loop between Ariel's Grotto and the Maliboomer, in the area where the old loop was still playing.

Given this, then, it would seem neccesary to revert to calling this loop the "Paradise Park" loop and the new loop the "Paradise Pier" loop, as it is the new loop that plays along the actual pier area.

A bit confusing with them changing things in bits in pieces but hopefully now we'll get it all sorted out. I'll be getting a reference recording of the new loop Friday and so hopefully I'll get a playlist up for that one soon.

MiceChat also put together this handy graphic which shows what plays where:

The idea of using graphics to represent where different loops play is a good one.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Lol. Don't worry pilot, I'm gonna try and capture this one Friday.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Lol. Don't worry pilot, I'm gonna try and capture this one Friday.
Just diverging from the playlist for a second, Graphics were an idea we had been toying with for the DLRP BGMs to show the exact areas the loops play in but would the use of the official park map (the ones handed out when you go in) be allowed here or would we have to make our own?
We'd thought of a transparent overlay similar to the one above but are worried about reproducing the Disney park map and maybe even marking the positions of the speakers as well.
As I'm going there next week, :) :p :D it would be nice to know if it would be allowed.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Given that the park maps are handed out free, and freely available online as well, it doesn't seem like using pieces of them would be an issue. But that's Jay's call. To me the bigger problem with using park maps is that they aren't completely to scale and often abbreviate or simplify areas for the sake of clarity, which isn't helpful to our cause here.

While the MiceChat map is asthetically pleasing it doesn't actually give you any more information than the description I used in my playlist posting:

This loop plays in the areas from San Francisco Street to the Silly Symphony Swings, including the Paradise Park viewing area.

As of July 10, 2010, the original Paradise Pier loop that had still been playing along the rest of the pier between Ariel's Grotto and the Maliboomer was replaced with a new loop. The new loop is similar in style to the Paradise Park loop but features a faster tempo.
For me I think it's just a boon that a general Disney site like MiceChat is concerning itself with park loops at all- both posting information on where the loops are playing as well as a sample recording of the new loop. I'd like to get a playlist together and up as quick as possible, and then maybe I can convince them to give us a mention in a future article.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Given that the park maps are handed out free, and freely available online as well, it doesn't seem like using pieces of them would be an issue.
The fact that a publication is given to me for free doesn't mean that I have been granted any rights to copy it or to create derivative works from it. I've got a full set of park maps sitting on my desk right now. They all say "© Disney" on them. Publishing them here is an issue if Disney wants it to be an issue. Do I think they would care? No.

While the MiceChat map is asthetically pleasing it doesn't actually give you any more information than the description I used in my playlist posting
Agreed. With very few exceptions, I think a diagram or map is going to be useless. Do I really need a map to determine where The Hall of Presidents Lobby Music or The Enchanted Tiki Room Garden Music is playing?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Information has been added for Track 16, hitherto known as "Unknown A".

The new Paradise Pier loop has been recorded- twice actually, once by me and once by pixelated, who compiled the Paradise Park listing. He has already begun a listing for that loop, which features tracks from some of the same artists and albums as the Paradise Park loop. The new loop has 30 tracks and clocks in at 1:23:52.

Also, MiceChat's diagram is slightly incorrect. The new loop plays on the bridge to Paradise Pier, not the Paradise Park loop.

Club 33

Playlist Author
The playlist has been updated to reflect newly gathered information. A three-second silence that appeared before "The Memphis Blues" no longer appears in the loop, making the loop three seconds shorter and also meaning the largest silent gap now falls between "Fiddlesticks Rag" and "Stardust". Also, the one remaining unknown track, now track #16, has been identified as "Melody in F", though the correct version has yet to be found.