parade of Dreams audio mix...

almandot

well to be honest.. jumping from studio audio into generically recorded live audio just won't sound good like that.

but i am curious... the showstop doesn't sound like rehearsal cd.. it sounds like actual park showstop just because it's missing a lot of the higher cymbals and such... Did you do an induction recording for it? And if so... why even do the live audio parts ;) (then again if the speaker you can record from isn't where beauty and the beast showstops then it's understandable...)

I'd be curious to hear what you did manage to get though. I've done a couple mixes myself, a shorter 16 minute one that's been passed around and a longer 30 minute one for the video I did.

Zefi

Interesting mix. One note: After Walt's line, "To all who come to this happy place...", there should be a gap before he says "Welcome."

The rehearsal CD that has appeared before was one of the pre-production versions. I'm sure they now use different rehearsal CDs.

tcsnwhite

well to be honest.. jumping from studio audio into generically recorded live audio just won't sound good like that.

but i am curious... the showstop doesn't sound like rehearsal cd.. it sounds like actual park showstop just because it's missing a lot of the higher cymbals and such... Did you do an induction recording for it? And if so... why even do the live audio parts ;) (then again if the speaker you can record from isn't where beauty and the beast showstops then it's understandable...)

I'd be curious to hear what you did manage to get though. I've done a couple mixes myself, a shorter 16 minute one that's been passed around and a longer 30 minute one for the video I did.

what's the difference in the showstop in terms of the one used in the park, and the one on the rehearsel cd? were they mixed differently (besides the verse and chorus missing).

It seems they changed a few things before production and after once it was in the park. anyone know those differences?
I remember watching a clip about the 50th behind the scenes from the Disneyland press website, and it uses a version of Welcome that seems like a first, rough version with only the background singers and no male lead. It was nice to kind of hear the difference...

jhornjr

Thanks for the response guys. As for the gap between walt's speech and welcome is a mistake on my part. I didn't notice that until I had already posted it. I'm working on it right now. As for the welcome audio. it is not from the rehersal cd. I have that version to, but its not the one they use in the parade. The version i have is by far the best that I have found. I not sure if its the one they use during the parade or not, but sounds really close. If you guys want a copy of it just pm me and ill be happy to share it. i did finish another float and if you guys want ill post it. thanks again.