OT: Treasures

Katybug

In the second wave were there only these 3?

Studio Tour
Complete Goofy
& Mickey in B & W?

I was at the Disney Store yesterday and the woman told me they sent back all the 3rd wave dvds they had left, so if you didn't get them yet I guess you'll need to try another store. Also I was told the 4th wave will be released in Dec, I think the 9th. (Sorry if this is old news)

Also anyone know of a good complete list of which movies have come out on DVD?

Thanks!

*~*Caitlin*~*

(can anyone see I'm trying to complete my collections? ;))

Tannerman

There originally were 4 slated for Wave 2, but On the Front Lines was pushed back to Wave 3.

Wave 4 is supposed to include Mickey Mouse In Black And White Vol. 2, The True-Life Adventures series, a Pluto set and The Mickey Mouse Club.

I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth; the sets are fantastic. I like Pluto, but I would have liked something different in his place for this series. Some ideas:

Disneyland USA, Vol. 2: The Haunted Mansion Episode of Wonderful World of Disney, the 1956 Disneyland USA People and Places film (would be great for the 50th), Disneyland '61, and shows like that.

I also know this will probably never happen in the Treasure Series, but a DVD consisting of classic/vintage WDW would be nice too. The Grand Opening, The Magic of Walt Disney World (1972), and similar footage would be great for collectors. Personally, I think that type of material will become available as WDW approaches it's 40th or 50th anniversary.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff in NY

Katybug

Jeff~

I totally understand what your saying, although a lot of the stuff I want is more recent (I'm a youngin)

but darn it if I never get a Pigs is Pigs I'm gonna flip!!!

Katybug

PS~ I love my treasures too!!!!

Tannerman

From what I remember reading, the theme park-oriented Treasures were some of the worst selling of the bunch, which may be a reason why we won't see them any time soon. I'm hopeful they'll come eventually... :)

I know that, I heard it to. Personally, I felt the Studio one would have been the least interesting to the general public. (Second favorite, by the way.)

Katybug

OH MY GOODNESS

Donald Applecore was one my favorites (my Dad's too, he loves Donald) I remember running around as a kid saying that little phrase with my sister:

Applecore . . . . ;D

Katybug

Katybug

Wow, I just got and watched *On the Front Lines* :- Powerful stuff for those of us who didn't live anywhere close to WWII.

My question is about Reason and Emotion, and Chicken Little, both of which I saw as a child but never got the connection between that and Hilter/Nazi party. Obivously they were censored, but where the voices dubbed right before release on to video (in the 80's I'm assuming) Because everything in Chicken Little Sounds correct except for Cocky Locky's voice and the Narrator in Reason and Emotion.

Also what videos were these released onto? My parents made copies of TONS of disney videos when I was little, but they are at home with them and I can't look it up.

Thanks

Caitlin