OT (sorta) Light Magic Video

Visionsfantastic.com will be releasing a video of LIGHT MAGIC this evening at midnight (Wednesday, October 12th, 12:00AM PST). However, because there's likely to be a big response to this, we will not be accepting new user registrations after midnight tonight and will resume taking new registrations Monday, October 17th. Registering for VF is free, but if you want to be able to download Light Magic, you'll have to signup for VF today before midnight. The video is 90 megabytes (a hefty download) and Martin Smith has done a remarkable job putting together footage to this 'Streetacular' that only ran for 15 weeks during the summer of 1997.

More information: http://visionsfantastic.com/main.php

Not another one from Martin..He's making my life Miserable. I dont have enough Disk Space for all of this ;)...

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

-D

disneyboi81

Thanks for the post. Anyone know if a complete version of the Light Magic soundtrack exist anywhere? I love the music from the parade

X-S Tech

Nah, the version that the park sold omitted the video portions that were projected onto the float's screens. So that portion has never been commercially available.

The music to Light Magic was only released in 1997's Official Albumwhich is out of print! on Disneyland's/WDW and Japan's Music Vacation album. It was not a theme park exclusive it was released nationwide like Disney's 50th. Anyways the album version is not the full soundtrack to the streetacular it is an edit which is missing so much. The one on 1997's official album has the Fanfare/Opening/Playon "Dream Our Dreams, Intro, Pixie Playtime Part I,Pixie Playtime Part II, and Finale
The running time is 16:01. The original soundtrack which was never released nationwide is 22 mins long it has all the same stuff but, has a longer narration, intro,and storm music (which was used during the film projection part) and the exit music. I have this version it is very hard to get and is not in surround sound since it was made for the cast and crew and was on cassette tape. I hope this helps!

disneyboi81

Disneyguy,

If you ever get the tape to mp3, let me know. I would love to get the full version of the soundtrack. Thanks!

xfkirsten

I really wish there was a good-quality copy out there with the storm music included... that's one of my favorite music segments! :(

MrSmee

There was also a commercially broadcast video which aired on the UPN network in both southern and northern California to promote the parade. It went into great detail about the creation and design, had some nice interview segments, and then finally revealed Light Magic to the world. However, it was quite possibly the worst idea ever, because the studio required additional lighting on the street in order to have anything show up, thus rendering most of the fiber optic effects useless. They also cut the opening processional and video montage.
If anyone's got a copy of that, it's definately an interesting watch.

-J

X-S Tech

I was just thinking how funny it would be if Light Magic became some sort of fondly thought of experience twenty years from now, by people who never saw it, instead of the poorly concieved and executed thing that it was. Not saying we can't appreciate anything about it, but if we were to imagine taking this thread to it's furthest conclusion, can't you imagine some Disneyana convention where fans in the distant future are siging petitions for DIsneyland to bring back Light Magic?

Nah, the version that the park sold omitted the video portions that were projected onto the float's screens. So that portion has never been commercially available.

actually the Main Street Electrical Parade is on the Fantasmic soundtrack

XS, it looks like Danny was trying to reply to Nightmare Tony's post. The Fantasmic soundtrack does feature the MSEP, not Light Magic as Nightmare Tony suggested.