OT: Pure Magic at Tokyo Disneyland

B

Bill

I'm sure no one can forget the first time they saw a Disney castle in person. It just fills your heart with magic. The wonder...the fantasy...the pure magic. Such was the case for my young nephew, Nate. Imagine how his heart filled when he saw the castle for the first time. Impressions that last a lifetime.

Castle.gif

Gurgitoy2

LOL, it figures!

Hey, at least they had a painted facade that looked like the castle. Disney has a habit of not doing that, and you get something like this...

SleepingBeautysCastle.jpg

Yes, X-S Tech; the Pepto-Bismol Castle takes the cake as the worst ever. (Pun intended.)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Bill said:
Am I the only person who thought the Pepto castle was whimsical and fun?
I'm sure millions of visitors loved it. I couldn't stand it, myself. I overheard one guest saying it looked like Cinderella and Barbie got into a fight and Cinderella lost. ;)

At the time, I thought it would have made more sense - and cost a whole heck of a lot less - for Disney to just project some kind of 25th birthday graphics onto the castle at night. That way, the castle would have remained completely untouched during the day for all of the purists. It took 'em nearly another decade to figure it out, but Disney now projects various images onto the castle at night.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
At the time, I thought it would have made more sense - and cost a whole heck of a lot less - for Disney to just project some kind of 25th birthday graphics onto the castle at night.

Bill said:
But if they'd done that, they'd be accused of being cheap.
Check out this video of the Tower of Terror's dedication ceremony at the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris and tell me if you still think Disney would have been accused of being cheap had they created a 25th birthday celebration using nighttime projections instead of going with the strap-on cake.

Inauguration Tour de la Terreur 5 Avril

Simply amazing! And some of the effects are actually scary! Be sure to watch enough of the video to see the use of pyrotechnics.

Imagine using something like this for an adult-oriented Halloween Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

BLM07

Bill said:
and I don't understand why they don't do that EVERY night.
WHAT?! That would mean actually buying the projector and lighting!

It could be a nice little "finale" for the day though.