OT: Next Wave of Walt Disney Treasures

Tannerman

The "rumored future releases" from the forgotten Legacy Collection finally all appear with Destino moving into Wave 8. Anyone remember this?

image_waltdisneytreasures_wave7_05.jpg

Looking forward to that release, though it will be interesting to see how they pad out 2 discs. No more trivia games, please! :)

Even if Donald in Mathemagic Land is not included, please note that it's one of the "exclusives" you can only get when you join the Disney Movie Club. I had to join because it was the only way to get the first season of Zorro.

MousekeTodd

Even if Donald in Mathemagic Land is not included, please note that it's one of the "exclusives" you can only get when you join the Disney Movie Club. I had to join because it was the only way to get the first season of Zorro.

Or, save all of those Disney Reward Points!!!! "Zorro, Season One" was the first item I redeemed, and I've been going after the other Disney DVDs available through this program, most of which indeed are otherwise available only through the Disney Movie Club.

= = = = = = = = =

Regarding the announcement of Disney Treasures Wave 8 titles, HALLELUJAH!!!

First, I'm VERY glad Disney kept this franchise going at least until Donald's cartoon library was covered; secondly, Hurray for this release of "Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow!"

I'm glad I didn't take the leap of buying a used VHS version for $30-40 online!!

Thanks, Disney, for your efforts. Please keep the Walt Disney Treasures line going by releasing additional Mickey Mouse Club serials, Texas John Slaughter, Gallegher, and even the balance Elfego Baca, The Swamp Fox, and any other 'Disneyland' episodes with substantial camera time for Uncle Walt!

Thanks, again!

Gurgitoy2

I wonder what the future of the series is after this though. It would be great to get more historic content, especially from the parks, but I have a feeling...

The reason I say that is because each wave has had a cartoon volume to go with it. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Silly Symphonies etc.. Now that all of those are done with wave 8, what's really left for them to market? I hope they don't kill the series because of that...

X-S Tech

Perhaps a little WDW material?

As for animated stuff, they could do a second rarities set, with It's tough to be a bird, Dad can i borrow the car, and more recent stuff like Off his Rockers, Oilspot and Lipstick.

X-S Tech

Exactly what I was thinking Bill. They could do a whole 3D film set, or a Single frame Circle Vision set.

Magic Carpet Round the World anyone?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Wasn't America the Beautiful released in a single frame format at one point? on the Disney channel?

Gurgitoy2

Yes, it was. Although I belive it was intended for release to schools, but it did air on the Disney Channel too. Of course a LOT was lost, but at least it was a way to see it. What would be cool is a release of the CircleVision films with all 9 views that you could switch to with the angle button or whatever. I doubt that will ever happen, but hey, why not shoot for the moon?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Ben: That is an awesome idea! I really wish someone would pick up on that! I mean, these theme park films - Circle-Vision and 3-D - are just as much Disney films as any others, aren't they?

Gurgitoy2

Yes, it would. I could swear there were rumblings of one being released as part of the series, but for whatever reason, it never materialized.

jerm

Now that all of those are done with wave 8, what's really left for them to market? I hope they don't kill the series because of that...

They did kill it, they were "done" with the Treasures and everything was going to be the Legacy stuff but then they killed that and kept Treasures. I think they are reaching right now for stuff. It seems to be every other year something good comes out. Lets see when Song of the South makes it out as a Treasure!!!!

The reason I say that is because each wave has had a cartoon volume to go with it. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Silly Symphonies etc.. Now that all of those are done with wave 8, what's really left for them to market?

They could do "Disney Rarities: Volume 2", which include the other "one-shot" shorts that did not appear in "Disney Rarities: Volume 1".

Gurgitoy2

LOL, Bill!

Some of those actually did get released in the "War Years" volume...they were interesting to say the least!

X-S Tech

I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to quality but just thought I'd check.

Bill, have you ever checked this out: http://dep.disney.go.com/educational/store ? Last I checked it seemed like they had some cool stuff on there (there was one film about the Weather system and I think it was the Atlas film that used to run at EPCOT), though now I can't find any of the stuff I remember. Maybe they culled everything that wasn't Bill Nye.