OT: Haunted Mansion DVD problem

It's probably just that my '99 Dell computer is too old and stubborn, but I can't get the DVD to play the video of the history of the Haunted Mansion attraction, and I really want to see it--I did all the updates I was prompted to do, and I can access the other DVD-ROM features, but the thing just freezes up and shows an hourglass when I try to enter the video; just wondering if anyone else had this problem before I just smash the damn computer.......g-r-r-r-r-r-r........

Mike

SharonKurland

Wish I could help you Mike, but if my husband is smart, I'll get the HM DVD for Christmas....which is just slightly less than 8 months away .

-Sharon-

X-S Tech

I had a different problem with my Haunted Mansion video ...it had the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion Movie on it.

Yeah.....I know......but there's still the Haunted Mansion in the movie, with some interesting homage to the attraction--and I'd still like to see that making of the attraction film on the DVD!

JC--haven't had a chance yet to try your suggestion--not sure if I fully understand where that folder would be......

Sharon--you've got to come up with some other gift giving holiday between now and Christmas.......I guess Independence Day and Labor Day could have their marital implications.......

I ventured into the Disney Store over the weekend(just to check for discounted t-shirts), and one of the few castmembers I still know had the same problem I did accessing those features, using a year-old Dell, so I guess it's not necessarily an old computer problem--why can't they make these things bug-proof?

Mike

SharonKurland

Mike-

The rest of the year is spend buying the table and rug for our hallway, the new entertainment center for the living room, getting the kitchen, living room and front hallway painted...and THAT'S just in the past 4 months. And THAT doesn't even count the trip to Reno, Sonoma and San Francisco last month, or the trips to see Toxic Audio in NY in January and next week.

Add on top of that, that I watch DVDs like I listen to CDs.

Nah...I think it'll wait .

-Sharon-

Sharon, the Haunted Mansion DVD is my son's, so it got watched--most of my personal DVD's are still sealed; it's just so much easier for me to listen to something than to watch something(I always get in a CD while on a run--Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful today, in recognition of their upcoming performance at Epcot--minus the late great Zal Yanovsky......). We caught Davy Jones when we were there a few weeks ago--my wife went a little retro-crazy, while I patiently waited(and I'm the one who still has the old Monkees LP's!).

Now to go further OT--you mentioned a trip to NY--didn't you mention a while back that you saw Wicked while in the Big Apple? My son has been listening to the soundtrack, and really seems to enjoy it--if you did see it, what did you think?

Mike

SharonKurland

Mike-

I make it my business to see Davy Jones every year (I was a HUGE Monkees fan from 1976 to 1992 or so), but we were on the west coast this year.

Yup, saw Wicked in January. Liked the show a LOT. Thought the music was good, a storyline that drew you in, some good comedy, etc. I haven't gotten "into" the soundtrack since I've been home, though. Own like. Like it. Don't love it. Joe (husband) loves it....listens to it a LOT more than I do. But the show was great, yeah.

-Sharon-

JCMagic

JC--haven't had a chance yet to try your suggestion--not sure if I fully understand where that folder would be......

If you open up the DVD-ROM, there are several folders (in addition to the standard AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) that contain the extra DVD-ROM features. Open the "common" folder and you'll see more folders. Open "win" and then "bin." Inside is a Quicktime file called hm.mov. If you've got Quicktime installed, you should be able to play it directly.