One and only genuine Original Family Band

Jessica L

I already have my copy (came yesterday through Amazon). I've just briefly looked through it, and the picture and sound quality are a little poor but really not that bad (at least in my humble opinion).

I was just glad to have the movie in its entirety without commercials. It's one of my favorite movies and contains a lot of my favorite Sherman Bros. songs (how can you not have Dakota stuck in your head for days afterwards? :) ). I was just glad Disney finally recognized it enough to release it on DVD. Now all we need is the soundtrack....

~Jessica

X-S Tech

Though I don't think anyone's said anything, I would place money that it'll be on Wonderland Music, since the album has been out before.

I have the soundtrack album on LP--I don't think it's ever been on CD, am I right? X-S seemed to imply that it was, as some of the Wonderland releases have also been re-releases of CD material--or maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Michael

SharonKurland

I had the LP several years ago and I think I had transferred it to audiotape (back when The Collection was only about 100 CDs, I had them ALL transferred to audiotape...CD burners weren't around yet ). Would be nice to get it, and The Happiest Millionaire (and Song of the South and....) on CD.

-Sharon-

Jessica L

Bill I totally agree with you -- even though I really love The Happiest Millionaire and tend to say it's my favorite movie, I really do like some, if not most, of the songs in Family Band better. It's really hard to say which one I enjoy more. You can't beat "Fortuosity" - but that darn "Dakota" will get you everytime! :)

~Jessica

SharonKurland

Shut up Bill .

Actually....NO, I didn't know that?!?!?!

No wait...I just checked. Yes, I do have it. Like I have ANY clue of what I have. Duh. I'll shut up now. Shut up Bill.

Does anyone know where I can find The Happiest Millionaire in Lithuanian? Shut up Bill.

-Sharon-

musicrazy

One and Onle Genuine Original Family Band sounds even better and more polished on the Disneyland Records label with a group of uncredited disney studio singers.