O' Canada - Musical Score

Horizons

Playlist Author
I recently came across a copy of the audio from the O'Canada film. The track sounds like its either from the source or an ALD recording. What is interesting about the track is that the song "Canada (You're A Lifetime Journey)" is not part of the score. Rather, another track, which I am unfamiliar with, is in its place. Does anyone know how many versions of O'Canada have been played since its opening, or have information about this version of the attraction?

marni1971

As far as I knew, only the 1982 O`Canada was ever used. Maybe if you can release the recording ;) we could know more?

J

jeffcot

I heard that version a while back on a Radio365 station, and was curious as well.

Jeff

Frank

I don't remember where I came across the info, but supposedly there was a different version of the film called "Portraits of Canada". It premiered somtime in March of 1987 and was gone by the end of the year.

Frank

marni1971

I havn`t heard of Portraits of Canada before; O`Canada was certainly showing in August 1987.

J

jeffcot

I checked the Birnbaum Guide for 1988 (which would have come out Fall of 1987) and it listed "O' Canada" as the attraction. I was at WDW in March of 1987 and the show was definitely 'O' Canada" with the Anne Murray song. I didn't return until March of 1988, so I can't speak to what might have happened in the months in between.

Curious . . .

Portraits of Canada was created in Circlevision360 by Disney for Vancouver's Expo86. It was the main show in the Canada Pavilion of that fair. The film was shown in EPCOTCenter for one year. I saw the film in both venues, but I don't remember the year it was in EPCOT's World Showcase. I read online once that O Canada was returned after a letter-writing campaign.

marni1971

After a bit of digging, I discovered the song used instead of O`Canada is called "Canada - This is my home" by Bob Buckley. The vocal version became the unofficial anthem of Expo 86, and is similar to O`Canada from Epcot; a male and female alternate duet, French and English vocals, and even a chorus repeating "Oh, Canada, this is my home, Oh Canada"

X-S Tech

This is most likely a fake. The narration sounds like an ALD recording of O Canada and all of the songs are commercially available. The mixing is very bad also, with the narration being too prominent sometimes and sometimes barely audible over the blasting music. Nice try though...whoever's responsible that is:)