New Soundtrack Release Dates Confirmed!

SharonKurland

I'm very excited to hear about this! I have a question, though. I already have 2 WFRR CD's:

WFRR (includes dialogue and music from the original motion picture soundtrack) (copyright 1988, released on Disneyland/Buena Vista Records, Tapes and CD's)

WFRR (original motion picture soundtrack) (copyright 1988, released on Touchstone Records)

What will the "new" CD include?

-Sharon-

sam253

The new Roger Rabbit CD will probably be the music soundtrack and not the one with dialogue. I wonder if the track listing will be the same..

The "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" Soundtrack will be the identical recordings from the original release. No additional material has been added and no restoration was needed.

The "Pete's Dragon" Soundtrack will also be the the same playlist as it wa originally released on vinyl. However, all the tracks have been restored and De-Noised.

"The Rescuers Down Under" soundtrack is the only title in this current wave of soundtrack re-releases that has additional material. Though the portion of the CD that is for "TRDU" will be the same as the original release, 3 songs from "The Rescuers" has been added as bonus tracks. No restoration work was needed on "TRDU", but the songs from "The Rescures" have been restored and De-Noised".

Hope that helps!

SharonKurland

Thanks for the info. I guess I won't need the WFRR CD then (I'm not THAT much of a stickler that I have to buy new CDs for the cover art ). Really looking forward to the Rescuers Down Under and Pete's Dragon ones, though!

-Sharon-

sam253

According to www.play.com the bonus tracks on the Rescuers Down Under soundtrack are The Journey, Someone's Waiting for You, and Tomorrow is Another Day. So the Rescue Aid Society song is not included.
They also had the track listing for Pete's Dragon, which was the same as on the original LP release. I would have preferred the songs in the order they appear in the film, but luckily cd players are programmable :)

David S.

Thanks for the info, Sami!

>>They also had the track listing for Pete's Dragon, which was the same as on the original LP release. I would have preferred the songs in the order they appear in the film, but luckily cd players are programmable>>

My thoughts exactly! I guess when Randy said no new material could be added for legal reasons this also might be why the order had to stay the same. Like you said, I'm glad programming CDs is an option!

I don't have the film in front of me at the moment but off the top of my head, I think the correct order is something like this - please correct me if I am wrong:

"Overture"
"The Happiest Home In These Hills"
"Boo Bop Bop Bop Bop (I Love You Too)"
"A Dragon"
"It's Not Easy"
"Passamaquoddy"
"Candle on the Water"
"There's Room For Everyone"
"Every Little Piece"
"Brazzle Dazzle Day"
"Bill of Sale"

That's a shame about "Rescue Aid Society", which is I think the only song from VH1's "100 Best Disney Songs" special still not available on CD. It looks like Louis was correct in his prediction that this would be the missing song.

David

David S.

Song Missing?

I tried to post links to the cover art and track lists of all three new soundtracks but they just led to the play.com main page at http://www.play.com

Anyway, I just noticed that for Pete's Dragon (I had to omit the ' to find it), the song "Boo Bop Bop Bop Bop (I Love You Too)" is NOT listed as being on the CD.

I am hoping this is just a mistake since Randy has said the CD would contain exactly the same songs as the album and I'm pretty sure this song was on the original album based on a playlist I seem to recall being posted on the old board awhile back.

David

David S.

OK, Here's the Cover Art and Track Listings

"Boo Bop Bop Bop Bop (I Love You To)" is also not listed on this tracklist from CD Universe, either:

PETE'S DRAGON:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...amp;style=music

THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER:

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT:

Note - at the time of this posting the WFRR track listing had not yet been posted at CD Universe, but here is a link to where it will eventually be:

The tracklist and artwork is currently available at http://www.play.com , but I had trouble creating a direct link.

will

wish they had kept the original album-cover artwork. oh well, just glad to finally own it on cd.

ladytramp

David,

Your memory of the order of the songs in Pete's Dragon seems to be in sync with mine ;)

I too wish the songs were in the same order that they were in the film but I'm guessing legailities kept the cd from being rearranged from the older lp.

It's odd about "I Love You Too"... I can't imagine it's not on the finished cd.

Minor carping aside, I'm really glad this soundtrack is FINALLY on cd! I know I'll enjoy it a lot!

Now..all together ... BEDKNOBS... BEDKNOBS ... BEDKNOBS!!!!! :)

Thurman

ladytramp

Sorry to post to my own post, but I just pulled my Pete's Dragon LP.... Bop, Bop, Bop (I Love You, Too) appears on what was Side 2, right after Brazzle Dazzle Day and before There's Room For Everyone, so it was included in the original vinyl pressing. Let's hope the original track listing info for the CD was incorrect.

Thurman

SharonKurland

Anyone know WHY "Boo Bop Bop Bop Bop (I Love You Too)" won't be included in the CD soundtrack? That was one of my favorite songs when I worked at TDS...every half-hour I got to sing along .

-Sharon-

ladytramp

Sharon,

I'm thinking Bop, Bop, Bop's omission is an oversight. It would be really ironic not to have it included since the cover art for the CD is the scene where that song is sung by Pete and Elliott ;)

But if it is missing, at least we can hear it on Classic Disney 5. (Thanks, Paul)

Thurman