New Parades

BlazingRhythms

Has anyone heard anything new about the parades coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park?

The entertainment team at Walt Disney World Resort is in the midst of developing a new parade for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, especially for you Disney/Pixar fans. Featuring favorite Pixar pals in a newly staged parade through the park, the show will be performed to a new musical track from the current Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, this parade sounds like it's a reincarnation (or very similar) to the Pixar Play Parade. The post regarding Mickey's Soundsational Parade only offers that it will premiere in 2011. Anyone else heard anymore details regarding these two parades? I'm curious to see what the musical selection is for Mickey's Soundsational Parade.....

almandot

hollywood studios' is the pixar play music. the only thing left unknown is whatever they do for Up since that'll need new music

BlazingRhythms

Thanks for your response almandot..... too bad the parade is such a disaster.
unsure.gif

BLM07

Countdown has 2 songs that repeat over and over: Play Parade theme & Bang on Your Drum. No Pixar themes, and nothing else.

almandot

Countdown has 2 songs that repeat over and over: Play Parade theme & Bang on Your Drum. No Pixar themes, and nothing else.

yes it appears they chose to ditch the individual float music and just use the monsters inc. music from the pixar play parade for their entire parade. While I want to say it's a shame, the music likely would have clashed horribly with how small the parade is and how close together the "units" are.

And I'm not a fan of taking the soundtrack from a bigger show and just popping it onto a watered down show to try and make it seem like disney actually put effort into the thing. Having individual float audio like that would've been even more overboard with that issue. As it is WDW gets very lucky that most guests just accept their ripped off parades and shows, this time they actually got nailed on it because of how poorly it ended up executed.