My Lilo and Stitch Review

Jessica L

Let me just say that this is the BEST DISNEY ANIMATED MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!

Just got back from the theater and I can not say enough good things about this movie. It is so cute, so heartwarming, and so funny. It beat all of my (extremely high) expectations and left me with that "feel-good" sensation that only Disney can bring. My only problem with it is that it was just too darn short! ;)

I highly reccommend this movie to everyone and anyone - go see it, you will not be disappointed! Stitch is the cutest thing I have ever seen - he's even better on screen! And even the Elvis songs weren't bad (I dislike Elvis, sorry!) they were quite fun! The animation was beautiful - and be sure to keep a look out for the hidden nods to Mulan (the first animated feature done by the Florida team - Lilo and Stitch being the last), Dumbo (the last animated feature with watercolor backgrounds), and A113 on the license plates (a popular room for animators at CalArts).

Even my local paper (The Baltimore Sun) who usually hates everything gave this movie *4 stars*!! I hope everyone gets a chance to see it. I know I'll be going back!

Now it's time to go pack, I'm leaving for WDW in the morning! ;D

Gurgitoy2

I agree, Jessica! I know these are strong words, but it's now my all-time favorite Disney movie! I just loved it and can't wait to go see it again this weekend!

SharonKurland

Thanks for the reviews, guys. I'm trying to talk my husband into seeing it on Sunday, after he gets out of work . That way it'll "count" towards "opening weekend."

-Sharon-

Wow, Ben and Jessica, those are strong words--I'm certainly excited about finally being able to see this movie for myself later today! Listened to the soundtrack again today--I really could have gone for more Hawaiian-rooted tracks, like "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride," but maybe something along those lines will be on the Lilo and Stitch Island Favorites CD which apparently is slated for a Fall release. My wife was scanning the web earlier today for the incoming reviews, and by and large, they sounded very positive at this point! If this very preliminary information is any indication, this may send a very interesting message back to the "brains"(?) of the operation involved in the attempted "hosing" of traditional animation. Really looking forward to the watercolor work. Michael.

Just got back from Lilo and Stitch. And if there is doubt in anyone's mind whether the Walt Disney Company can still create magic using tradtional animation, please go and see Lilo and Stitch--it's simply a brilliant, original film. The watercolor artistry is striking, the story and dialogue are snappy and fresh--even the Presley songs work very well. It's simply a wonderfully refreshing picture, with characters you immediately felt for and cared about, which helps to carry the film straight to your heart. Basically, with a studio that can create an excellence such as this, who needs CGI--it's the depth of the story that truly matters, and Lilo and Stitch takes you on a true "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" into the emotional realm of "ohana," and the meaning of family. There was a fairly good crowd in the theater for Auburn, Maine--and the audience's applause at the end of the film was well-deserved. Michael.

SharonKurland

Just got home from seeing Lilo & Stitch not very long ago...TWO THUMBS UP! The story is VERY good, the water color backgrounds are very well-done, and although I was anticipating the Elvis music to be questionable, it really DOES work. Lilo is a very cute character...very much a dweeby geek that older kids can relate to .

Let's put it this way...it's the first non-Pixar Disney movie that I've wanted to see again, since Hunchback.

-Sharon-

That's the thing with this movie, Sharon--the Presley songs work, EVERYTHING works(even though I had my initial doubts about Elvis)!!! And it looks like it might even have Tom Cruise beat for the weekend crown--there could be some serious partying tonight by Eisner and company--but most expecially by the great talents that created this gem! Michael.

SharonKurland

Ayep...VERY well-done. Movie had a viable plot...a storyline that worked...some comic relief...good music...great background visuals. Only thing it didn't have that's well-known for "classic" Disney movies is a "heavy." Stitch started off mean, but he could NEVER be a heavy. The guys trying to catch him were too "Laurel & Hardy" to be the heavy. Nani was only trying to take care of Lilo. Mr. Bubbles was working towards the good of Lilo. And the "bad" lady and guy at the end weren't in the movie long enough to get "heavy" status. Otherwise, it's Classic Disney. I already put in my "hint" for the DVD .

-Sharon-

sam253

I'm so happy to hear you guys all liked Lilo and Stitch. It should be something worth looking forward to. I'm afraid the film won't reach Scandinavia until the time you americans are already watching Treasure Planet...

The recent Disney films have certainly surprised me one after another. I wasn't that exited about The Emperor's New Groove, but ended up liking it. Then I was very exited about Atlantis, but walked out of the theater a little dissappointed. Let's hope the same doesn't happen with Lilo and Stitch. I have a feeling it won't. :)