Musical History of Disneyland / Splash Mountain

b52hbuff

So at around 6:35, there is a vocal...
"Sooner or later that rabbit is gonna come home..."

I assume it was from the scene right before the lift hill. There are several small rabbits and a mother rabbit on the right side of the log...

Was this part of the original ride? Or was it an 'enhancement' for the CD?

Gurgitoy2

I could be wrong about this, but I recall hearing that "Sooner or Later" ended up not being foreboding enough, and didn't create that dramatic tension that the minor key "Laughing Place" does now.

X-S Tech

...and Randy said in an interview that since there were plenty of previous flow thru's on Official Albums, he thought this was a good oppurtunity to showcase the "alternate version".

Rich T

"Sooner or Later" definitely doesn't sound foreboding enough for that part of the ride, but it *is* one of my favorite Disney songs, and I'm glad to finally be able to hear this version. Great performances! I never knew before that Splash Mtn. originally had this fourth song as part of its show!

Gurgitoy2

"...and Randy said in an interview that since there were plenty of previous flow thru's on Official Albums, he thought this was a good oppurtunity to showcase the "alternate version". "

Which is kind of funny, since none of the flow throughs on any of the Official Albums contain the "Burrow's Lament" section....