MSEP question

Does anyone know if a long version of the wdw electrical parade is available? I have a short 5 min version. I know the parade is not that exciting but would like a longer version if I could find one.

Of course would like a few other Holiday things from wdw and disneyland, but thats another topic.

s8ntmark

Well if memory serves correctly, Disneylands Fantasmic CD had a B side of MSEP....and It was WAY longer than 5 minutes, it even had float music that wasn't in the parade that I ever saw (Like the Return to Oz float).....Were the DL and WDW parades different? If not, I'm sure you can track down a copy of that CD somewhere.

almandot

WDW also had its own full cd release of the parade during the 1999 run. This doesn't include the pinocchio units or the 25th anniversary float you'd get on disneyland's version, as they had already been removed from the parade.

actually the 25th Anniversary float loop was also on the '99 album but that was because Randy wasn't sure what floats were going to to Florida

almandot

I'd love that but man it'd be intense heh. Alice in Wonderland unit pretty much kills it being "complete" because a loop for every single bug would be so overkill but so awesome :) (it's only a 1:03;27 loop! it can fit! we can get 75 loops into this thing!!! ;))

Opening(Disneyland)
Opening(WDW)
Opening(Magic Kingdom)
Opening(Tokyo Disneyland)
Opening(Disneyland Paris)
Opening(Disney's) [you can just check one off on iTunes to play or go the whole way through woo :D]
Baroque Hoedown
Turtle 1
Snail 2
Alice instrumental
Turtle 2
Bee 1
Alice vocal
Centipede
Caterpillar vocals
Snail 2
Bee 2
Cinderella Ball
Cinderella Ball with clocktower
Peter Pan
Dumbo's Circus
Pinocchio Monstro
Pinocchio Treasure Island
Briney Sea
Snow White
Pete's Dragon
Return to Oz
Mickey's 60th Birthday
Disneyland's 25th Anniversary
It's a Small World
To Honor America
Closing

fox and the hound goes somewhere
I still swear to this day that I remember there was a wedding float that randomly showed up when I was a kid for a couple who had gotten the marriage package earlier but I don't remember any music to it and it could've been a preparade for all I know my memory of it is fleeting. What'm I missing?

Does anyone know if a long version of the wdw electrical parade is available? I have a short 5 min version. I know the parade is not that exciting but would like a longer version if I could find one.

Of course would like a few other Holiday things from wdw and disneyland, but thats another topic.

OOPS my bad, Sorry all, I meant to say the wdw CHRISTMAS electrical parade is the 5 min version I have and am looking for the longer version, if there is one.

Sorry about that.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have never come across a version from WDW other than the 5m version you reference. Not saying one doesn't exist, but it has never come up in any previous requests.

i was Bill but i'm not ready to show it off yet for one reason. JeffinNY said he had the audio for the Mickey's 60th Birthday unit and I know it's been forever and a day but i'd LOVE to get my hands on that. that would make my soundtrack even MORE complete then it already is. the audio of it on youtube isn't good enough.

Zarpman

To the best of my knowledge, there have only been 4 official mixes of the parade created for distribution:

A - one created for early Disneyland/Walt Disney World OAs (including the original picture vinyls)
B - one created for Disneyland's Fantasmic! release (stereo, missing some elements, complete loops)
C - one created for Tokyo Disneyland albums ("cleanest" mix, includes the character voices)
D - one created for Disneyland Paris albums (mono, but created from the actual audio used in the parks)

These four mixes have been hacked and cut so many times. A few examples:

Disneyland/Walt Disney World vinyls - use mix A without announcement
Official Albums - use mix A, announcement bed truncated
A Legacy in Song - uses mix B, some loops truncated
Don Dorsey promo CD - uses mix B
Disney's 75 Years set - uses mix B, some loops truncated
Magic Kingdom presents Main Street Electrical Parade - uses mix B, some loops truncated
Dreamlights CD - uses mix C
Disney's Electrical Parade from DCA - uses mix C
Disneyland 50th - uses mix C from DCA album, some loops truncated

Given the amount of individual elements that make up these tracks, I would presume its a nightmare to try to commission an entire remix. The Disneyland Paris mix gets it dead-on, but park tracks are usually mixed as a single channel because its difficult to tell where the guest might experience the medley. The other mixes are missing elements here and there. The Tokyo mix is the best sounding mix, with the instruments keyed and reverbed quite nicely to give it more of a "studio" performance.

Zarpman

I do stand corrected with the original vinyl, which was the pre-Dorsey/EWP version. I had forgotten about that mix. The latter discs all used the same mix, but with different edits (if that makes sense at all). The second version, perhaps for copyright reasons, loops part of the small world loop over the character medley loop. The character medley loop returns in the second half. Maybe some of the medleys in the first half of the loop weren't cleared for record distribution?

actually the 50th soundtrack version has B's' announcement's w/the DCA opening one hiding underneath (if you listen real close you can hear the transition. also the Finale is Edited everything else from the DCA soundtrack is intact.

almandot

actually the 50th soundtrack version has B's' announcement's w/the DCA opening one hiding underneath (if you listen real close you can hear the transition. also the Finale is Edited everything else from the DCA soundtrack is intact.

aaaactually, they also shortened the cinderella unit considerably. random, silly, pointless, and kinda dumb to me ;)