MNSSHP - Liberty Square Sounds

Horizons

Playlist Author
I've attached 36 seconds of sounds from the Liberty Square loop used at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Can anyone identify the organ music, and whether it's used in any Haunted Mansion attraction outside of WDW? It sounds familiar to me, but that may be because I've been listening to this loop which includes it for the past five years.

[Attachment deleted]

Miss Tilly

I'm a Noob!
I've attached 36 seconds of sounds from the Liberty Square loop used at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Can anyone identify the organ music, and whether it's used in any Haunted Mansion attraction outside of WDW? It sounds familiar to me, but that may be because I've been listening to this loop which includes it for the past five years.
Toccata And Fugue In D Minor. You might remember this from Fantasia and/or 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Capt. Nemo Plays it on his Organ).

BLM07

You know where else it used to play? At the Mystery Fun House. That's how I learned of it, and of course, that is classic Halloween music!

Speaking of the Mystery Fun House: in part of the maze there was a coffin with a projection of a guy coming out of it. He then proceeded to do the foyer spiel from HM.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
At the Mystery Fun House. That's how I learned of it
None of my fellow Disney music lovers has scooped up a copy of Don Dorsey's (Main Street Electrical Parade, Laserphonic Fantasy, IllumiNations) :p Bachbusters (1990), one of the top selling classical albums of all time?!

[img]http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/44/de/1a594310fca0b02a79986010.L._AA240_.jpg[/img]

Or seen any of these films...

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
The Black Cat (1934)
Fantasia (1940)
Sunset Blvd. (1950)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
The Phantom of the Opera (1962)
The Great Race (1965)
Rollerball (1975) ("Jon-a-than! Jon-a-than!")
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) (adaptation/tribute)

There is a theory among music historians that Toccata and Fugue in D minor may have been originally composed for violin. On that note, I leave you with my girlfriend performing the piece on YouTube...

Don't count us all out, Jay. I have seen Fantasia, The Phantom of the Opera, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I am also planning on watching 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea soon myself. I love this piece of music. Is it just me or does it sound a little more eery when it is performed by violin like in the video. Gave me chills!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
it's an epic fail cause YOU POSTED AUDIO
Posting a 30-second sample is fine. The "epic fail" is that Horizons failed to recognize a very well known piece of classical music. Hence my kidding him about uploading (Beethoven's) Symphony No. 5 as the next selection he needs help with.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Don't laugh but I have been the "stand in" organist in our church (a very poor one only able to play in one key and "vamping" chords with the left hand) and I just HAD to learn the first few lines of this just to see the reaction.
It was as I expected :lol:
I actually bought a little plastic sign yesterday (for Halloween) which says "beware" in flashing red lights and plays the opening bars of this tune (yes, I couldn't resist it, my brain says 20,000 leagues as well).
I had thought of it as my mobile ring tone but settled on "Yo-Ho" instead. I look forward to getting calls now.