Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Pics

TomTO

Hello Everyone,

A few of us Canadians are heading down to catch Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this coming Thursday. My question is ... is the music from the parade available on cd?

Regards,

Tom

tcsnwhite

Overall, it is nice, and I think it is an improvement.

I will say that I am very disappointed in that they market this as a "new" parade, and in the end it ends up being a re-working of the previous version.

I am disappointed that there are not more newly designed floats, and an overall new creative design and direction for the parade. Even newly designed costumes would have been nice. While definitely an improvement, it still feels slightly outdated and the "look" still feels slightly outdated and tacky (I know, harsh word). I think some of Disney's (DCE) recent projects show how far they have come in terms of the "design", and it still feels like we are in the past here at the MK.
From a creative direction and execution point of view, I still think Disneyland's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade is stronger. This could be as well, but more needs to go into it.

I will also say that I think the Magic Kingdom needs the theatrical outdoor lighting that Disneyland has for its evening parades...to me, it really makes a difference, and adds a more professional theatrical touch to evening parades that are not electrical parades.

Overall an improvement, but I am tired of Walt Disney World marketing things as "new" when they truly are not...in particular parades. Perhaps "re-imagined" or something along those lines would be better...but "new" is obviously not the proper word.
I would have to say that I do not think this is "new".

X-S Tech

Is it true that WDW only runs the Christmas parade for guests at the Hard Ticketed Christmas parties and then for normal guests the week of Christmas?

tcsnwhite

yes, the I believe it is the last two weeks of December is when the offerings will run during the day for normal paying guests...also during the most crowded and packed time of year.

ISTCrew20

yes, the I believe it is the last two weeks of December is when the offerings will run during the day for normal paying guests...also during the most crowded and packed time of year.

Yes. For the Christmas Parties, Once Upon a Christmastime is shown twice nightly. Along with the parade, they show Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas stage show, Celebrate the Season stage show, and Holiday Wishes.

However, if you wait for the week of Christmas/New Years, you get all those entertainment offerings for free with normal day admission. It will take an hour to get from one side of the park to the other, but atleast you'll have alot of extra entertainment.

Gurgitoy2

Well, even Dreamlights was technically all-new. Yeah, it was a souped up version of the classic, but there were new floats and music. The same cannot be said for past Magic Kingdom parades. The floats are just repurposed from the last parade. They did this with the Dreams Come True parade too...they just took the snowglobes off and changed the song. The analogy of the youngest child is appropriate, and funny. In WDW's case, it's the morbidly obese, hygenically challenged, spoiled youngest child....

almandot

it's hard to criticize dreamlights for being a repeat of the electrical parade when it was billed as a new electrical parade, exactly what it was, and they had fantillusion before it which was an entirely new concept and very successful.

i haven't seen a full video of wdw's new christmas parade but i didn't like what i did see sadly. the music just isn't doing it for me. it's like they're just chucking a bunch of christmas tunes and a LOT of words at you. i couldn't hear anything catchy about it even though it sounds like that's what they were going for =P

dtm111

Well I know every single time I watch a video of Dreamlights my mouth drops. Its so awesome! Can only imagine what its like in person. I just really wish WDW would do something like it. I know Dreamlights personally could never be at WDW but, saying it was, that parade would do SOO well. I keep thinking to myself, does WDW not realize how great Dreamlights is at Tokyo and how well something like that could do at WDW? I know its all about budget but, still, I am sure something could be done if they really wanted to. Even a scaled down version of Dreamlights would be great, as long as they did not take away any lights.

mmmfan

Getting back to the Christmas parade.Saw the video here:
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-500.asp

Enjoyed the second half better than the first.Did anyone notice that they used "we are santa's elves" from
"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer " tv special? Never used that one before.I was sorry to see that they no
longer use the showboat float.I still think that Disneyland has the better Christmas parade music.

X-S Tech

I haven't bothered to watch the youtube video but are WDW's cold weather costumes different from DL's? Generally at DL the main difference with the female face characters costumes is just that they add some long sleeves to whatever thier normal dress is. Maybe a cape or hood also.

MrSmee

Hey there. I had to jump in here for a minute...

Wendy's not fat; she's always been the short, thin, twelve year old that you saw in the movie. She does, however, have a sensible bathrobe which looks very simliar to her blue nightgown, which she wears when the weather is chilly. She'd catch her death if she went out in the snow in just a nightdress, don't you think? Her bathrobe is much warmer, although not as flattering.

But trust me, Wendy's not fat.

-J

X-S Tech

I dunno, I would think the interstellar voids she flew through to get to Neverland would be much colder than a snowstorm, and a nightgown was just fine then.