Mickey Mouse Figurine Question

WDWGuy08

Does anyone know where I can find this item at?

When a friend of mine was working in the park in France, they looked in the Disney store at the hotel and saw a wooden figure (I think it was about 18" tall) of Mickey as an orchestra conductor. He had a conductors baton and I think was either in a tux or the traditional red pants and a black coat. It's been a while. It was during the opening of Motors, Action at Disneyland Paris. My friend was told they could probably find it once they got back home instead of trying to take it on the plane. That proved to be not so true. My friend checked at the Disney store at WDI and they couldn't find it in their catalog. If anyone runs across it, I would really like to get one for my friend! Thank You and Take Care! I do not have a photo of it, sorry!

Chris

WDWGuy08

a little more info on it it was about 18" - 20" tall and the lines are very crisp as if it was carved or sculpted. There was also a Goofy one, playing a set of drums. Same proportions

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
a little more info on it it was about 18" - 20" tall and the lines are very crisp as if it was carved or sculpted. There was also a Goofy one, playing a set of drums. Same proportions
I've often seen nice figures in the glass cases in the Hotels - often themed to the hotel and yes, they look fantastic.
When I asked about them they told me they were made for display only and couldn't be sold :(
I have also seen the ceramic figures though for sale as well.
They are, however, exceedingly expensive - several hundred dollars for the larger ones.
I've not noticed the particular figures you mention but they do a series of resin figures as well (I have a rather nice Skill Island moneybox and one of the castle)but these are usually moneyboxes. They are crisp though.
Sounds as though it may be something from the Disneyland Hotel - they have the more expensive items but I honestly don't recall them in the last couple of years I have stayed there.
How long ago was it? The merchandise has become a little more standardized in the last few years and many choice items have now left the shelves, alas (I'm kicking myself at all the stuff I missed as well)and the themed items seem much less common.
If you knew the rough price that would help as well although I doubt I'd risk bringing something fragile through the baggage - I've had a few thinks break on me. :blink:

WDWGuy08

I've often seen nice figures in the glass cases in the Hotels - often themed to the hotel and yes, they look fantastic.
When I asked about them they told me they were made for display only and couldn't be sold :(
I have also seen the ceramic figures though for sale as well.
They are, however, exceedingly expensive - several hundred dollars for the larger ones.
I've not noticed the particular figures you mention but they do a series of resin figures as well (I have a rather nice Skill Island moneybox and one of the castle)but these are usually moneyboxes. They are crisp though.
Sounds as though it may be something from the Disneyland Hotel - they have the more expensive items but I honestly don't recall them in the last couple of years I have stayed there.
How long ago was it? The merchandise has become a little more standardized in the last few years and many choice items have now left the shelves, alas (I'm kicking myself at all the stuff I missed as well)and the themed items seem much less common.
If you knew the rough price that would help as well although I doubt I'd risk bringing something fragile through the baggage - I've had a few thinks break on me. :blink:

It was during the opening of Motors, Action at Disneyland Paris.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
It was during the opening of Motors, Action at Disneyland Paris.
So that would be around 8 years ago. Possibly a long time for stuff to be still available (I've seen much of the better quality stuff there disappear to be replaced by rubbish over the years - it sells better). I must admit, I'm not a studios fan (haven't even visited it in the past two years) so may just have not noticed them.
True, they so have stuff in the studios that they don't have in the other park.
I'll keep a look out this August when I'm there and, if I see them (and I remember), I can at least take a note of the name/price etc if they are still available which would be a start (and possibly they could then ship them out).
Sorry I couldn't be of more help but they just don't ring a bell and I usually notice the good stuff)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
They are from a line created by Jim Shore.
That guy sure keeps pumping out the figures, doesn't he? :blink: While I do appreciate his talent, I think it's a little odd to be buying/collecting "wood carvings" that are made entirely of resin. :wacko: But, hey, that's just me. :(

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Can't see anything on his site that would be a possibility or big enough - max size for a floor statue is around 14" - and $175. :blink:
18-20" in rather large for a figurine isn't it (more a small statue).
I have to confess, never seen anything like that there other than the display models (not for sale)in the show cases.
Had t not been that he was told that it was for sale but to get it when he got home, I'd have guessed it's one of the display models (I rather fancied a large steer skull in the Santa Fe shop but, not for sale, display only) :(