Mickey Avenue

Playlist Mickey Avenue

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Has any additional information been assembled for the Mickey Avenue loop, particularly how the tracks are edited?

As mentioned in previous posts, a lot of this loop resembles the Morning & Afternoon Front Lot loop at Walt Disney Studios Paris, which needmagic, eyore, and I have been working on. I am wondering if the remaining "Unknown" in the Mickey Avenue loop is "Runaway Car" from A Goofy Movie Motion Picture Soundtrack.

WDWGuy08

i checked and it IS runaway car from a goofy movie soundtrack. anyone find the version of "funny girl" cues that are used in this loop?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
i checked and it IS runaway car from a goofy movie soundtrack. anyone find the version of "funny girl" cues that are used in this loop?

The group of us working on the WDS Front Lot loop believe the "Funny Girl" selections are by Orchestra of the Americas. The track appears on two CDs: Evergreen and Aspects Of Fiddler On The Roof, Funny Girl, George M!, Mame, Man Of La Mancha, Oliver!, Kiss Me Kate. I bought the Evergreen version which sound right, but I've not yet figured out the edit.

I'm sure others are already working on this but here are some edits for a couple of the tracks.

8. “Overture (My Fair Lady)”
Album: My Fair Lady OST
Time: 0:34- 2:06

16. “A Homeward Bound Overture”
Album: Homeward Bound II: Lost In San Francisco
Time: 0:00- 0:53

18. “Overture (Mary Poppins)”
Album: Marry Poppins OST
Time: 0:36- 1:43

23. “A Bug’s Life Suite”
Album: A Bug’s Life
Time: 4:11- End

24. “Rocketeer to the Rescue/ End Title”
Album: the Rocketeer
Time: 2:05- 3:55

26. “Flying Away and End Credits”
Album: An American Tail
Time: 1:36- 3:23 *same edit as Soarin’

27. “Prologue (from Hook)”
Album: Hook
Time: 0:06- End

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The group of us working on the WDS Front Lot loop believe the "Funny Girl" selections are by Orchestra of the Americas. The track appears on two CDs: Evergreen and Aspects Of Fiddler On The Roof, Funny Girl, George M!, Mame, Man Of La Mancha, Oliver!, Kiss Me Kate. I bought the Evergreen version which sound right, but I've not yet figured out the edit.
Has the version of Funny Girl been nailed down, yet? I took the short sample from Sonic Image's official site for the "Evergreen" CD, and while it does appear to include a portion of the segment featured in the loop, it does NOT appear to match. The version in the loop is played much faster than the "Evergreen" recording.

EDIT: When I say it doesn't match, I'm referring to the Mickey Avenue loop, NOT the WDSP Front Lot loop.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Thanks to a certain someone, I was able to compare the Orchestra of the Americas version to the Mickey Avenue reference recording and while it is the correct arrangement, it does NOT match. Nor do any of the following versions match either:
  • 101 Strings Orchestra, on the CD Broadway Favorites
     MP3 
  • Broadway Theatre Orchestra, on the CD Showstoppers Vol. 4
     iTunes   MP3 
  • Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, on the CD A Fifth of Broadway
     CD 
  • Richard Hayman Symphony Orchestra, on the CD Vintage Broadway
     CD   iTunes   MP3 
I also found listings for an Orlando Pops Orchestra version but from listening to the various samples of it available on-line, it appears to be identical to the 101 Strings Orchestra version above. Odd!

The version used in the Mickey Avenue loop is performed at a much faster pace than anything I've found thus far.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Another dumb track that we'll spend countless hours trying to track down instead of doing more productive things. WDI, cough up the playlists already!

I seemed to have purchased the overture track from the OST (otherwise, I have no idea why its on my hard drive), but it doesn't seem to match, nor does the broadway version (Ray Stark Presents Funny Girl, Original Broadway Cast).

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The Funny Girl track is definitely not any of the "Overtures". It's consistent with the Richard Hayman-arranged piece that's referred to as some variation of "Funny Girl (Selections)" or "Funny Girl - Medley".

As my hunt continues, I found this intriguing CD listing on Amazon yesterday afternoon:

41P6W5H7RZL._SL500_AA65_.jpg
Film and TV Themes, Vol. 3
Various Artists
 CD 

Unfortunately, I can't find any sample of the Funny Girl track for comparison purposes. I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to have this CD?

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
As we've already established there are a number of tracks that also play in the am Frontlot loop at WDS. DLP provided a listing which lists the track as Funny Girl Medley but includes no associated album - not sure if it helps?

I know I spent many hours trying to track down the track with no joy. I wonder if the track is possibly two tracks mixed together ... Laura from the pm Frontlot loop being an example. Just a thought?

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
An update. I ran my live recording through Soundhound (I didn't have the app when I made the reference recording) which has identified the track from the album "Hollywood Favourites" by the Xalapa Symphony Orchestra - album date of 1995. I've ordered from Amazon so fingers crossed.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
An update. I ran my live recording through Soundhound (I didn't have the app when I made the reference recording) which has identified the track from the album "Hollywood Favourites" by the Xalapa Symphony Orchestra - album date of 1995. I've ordered from Amazon so fingers crossed.
Excellent, needmagic!! Please let us know if it does in fact match the version used in one or both the two loops. (The only samples I could find on-line for this recording begin just after the segment heard in the Mickey Avenue loop.)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
A "sneak peek" for Premium Members...

Disney's Hollywood Studios • Mickey Avenue
Mickey Avenue Area Music
(?? to Present Day)​

[Content removed to avoid duplication. —Admin]

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Well the CD arrived today and I'm pleased to confirm the track as positively IDd:

Hollywood Classics ORCD 11021
Xalapa Symphony Orchestra conducted by James Brooks & Joel Levine
Track 06

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Funny Girl Medley on Hollywood Classics now confirmed as correct

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Fantastic, needmagic!! Your efforts are much appreciated.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Funny Girl Medley on Hollywood Classics now confirmed as correct
Thanks a million, needmagic! The WIP Playlist has been updated.

Dr. Know

Really makes you think that WDI goes out of its way to find the most obscure recordings for these loops just to drive us all mad!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Mickey Avenue has been added to the Playlists section. Thanks for everyone's efforts with getting this finalized!

Next...